all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Knees Over Toes Guy Programming...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JR47

Level 5 Valued Member
I've been watching 'the knees over toes guy' and thinking of pulling the trigger on his ATG programming (different from AGT ;-) in order to rehab / prehab some lingering knee issues.

Has anyone tried his ATG programming? If so, what was your experience? And how did you integrate it with other strength work?

Thanks for your time. Any new information appreciated.

I am currently using the lunge stretch (can't remember the name) he does and working more on my tibialis anterioris muscle. Didn't do it to fix any issues but I am getting ready to train for beast tamer so I find that what he does might help with the pistol squats.
So far it all feels great, but only starting the actual training this week, so I will see in a few weeks how it benefits me.

I am currently using the lunge stretch (can't remember the name) he does and working more on my tibialis anterioris muscle. Didn't do it to fix any issues but I am getting ready to train for beast tamer so I find that what he does might help with the pistol squats.
So far it all feels great, but only starting the actual training this week, so I will see in a few weeks how it benefits me.
That's the same thing I'm doing, atg lunges and hamgimg a kb off my foot and raising my leg above hip level.
Noticed some significant mobility limitations.
Also doing the ql stretch an 90/90

Well have you pulled the trigger?
I haven't purchased the programming - mostly because it is a full, day by day schedule, and I prefer to integrate things that work and plan my own training based on current needs.

That said, I have integrated a bunch of the exercises he uses (ATG split squat, reverse Nordic, tibialis raise, pigeon dynamic, and sissy squat,) and have seen some pretty impressive results.

After 3 years off, I am back running, and heavy KB exercises feel smoother and more balanced. So, would fully recommend.

Hope that helps.

I purchased my first month today.

First of all the progran looks like a lot, but lots of stuff is optional. Some movements won‘t be done before you reach a certain amount of a quality in other exercises. I already sent in some videos and will get a coaching review note soon. The app, the program, the videos, all is looking amazing and very professional.
I just had my first training today and was done quickly. I took some time though and watched all videos and tried to be as exact as possible in doing the exercises.

Big thumbs up for the program as a very first impression

@JR47 how do you implement the more "loaded stretching" type of exercises? Like the atg split squat or th epigeon dynamic?
I've implemented them as a scaled warm up and cool down to my runs and KB workouts. I'll use the scaled versions to start with, and work up to the standards. Then, I'll do a more body weight style workout as a cool down

I find this acts as a dynamic warm up and also as a prehab/rehab routine.

I've also been playing around with the movements before my main squat workout, which they also seem to help.

Hope that answers your question. Have a good one.

Have not bought the program, but picked up a few exercises that I have been doing. Had a ruptured meniscus that required surgery, which lead me to discover the Kneesovertoesguy. Based on info found in his free Youtube content, I’ve been doing the following:

- Backwards walking 3x/week (once or twice per session between sets of whatever I am doing)
- Patrick step-ups 1x/week (one set to failure week one, two sets week two, one set of harder progression week three, one set of easier progression week four and then start over with the harder progression)
- Standing tibialis raise (same programming as above)
- KOT calf raise (same programming as above, eventually I am looking to progress to the sissy squat)

I used to feel discomfort in my knees when walking down the stairs. This has completely disappeared, which I partially credit to these exercises.

That said, I am very interested in the Nordic Curl. How do you progress to it?

That said, I am very interested in the Nordic Curl. How do you progress to it?
That seems to be a hard question to answer. In my experience, I have seen people use limited ROM (slowly increasing over time), assistance from their hands (hard to objectively quantify) or even bands fastened behind them. Eccentric-only seems kind of common as well. There’s likely a lot of info on YouTube.

There’s also these. I would suggest that if you attempt them that you have a decent grasp on how to maintain posterior pelvic tilt while doing them. It shouldn’t be a lower back exercise ;)

Hi,
I'm in to ATG ZERO for eight weeks. I see very good improvement in knee stability and hip mobility (usually very tight for me). The programming is very simple and repetitive (which I personally don't have problem with). I think ZERO ist basically meant to start moving your "knees over yours toes" again e.g. after an injury. With the follow-up programm DENSE you will get more into the core of the ATG system from my point of view. From what I can see you will need a lot more equipment (or talent for improvisation; could be difficult for a home gym) as you start doing exercises under load and also get into the exercises seen on youtube/instagram like the nordic hamstring curl. Also the programming seems to be less repetitive. After my experiences with ZERO I will definitely try out DENSE and see where it leads me.
So far, I uploaded a few videos of me doing the exercises in the ATG app and got feedback on form and what to improve within 24h.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom