all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Korea BodyWeight Certification

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bradley Tyson

First Post
Hello,

I'm attending the BodyWeight Cert in Korea this June and I'm running into some issues, primarily finding the exact location. I need this so I can arrange transportation from the airport and a place to stay. The location that was emailed to me does not come up on Google/Apple maps and there are multiple gyms named the PowerZone. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank,
Bradley

I have pinged HQ - someone should be getting in touch with you soon, either on this thread or privately.

-S-

I have already pinged Woo-Chae, and he said he'll be in touch with all registrants very soon. I gave him a link to this thread as well.

-S-

Hi! I'm hyunjin Choi, staff of Powerzone HQ, Seoul.
There are some branchs of powerzone in Seoul.
and This is a address & google map link of Powerzone
23, Teheran-ro 53-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Google 지도

If you need any help about staying and trasportation. Feel free to send me message.

Hyunjin,

Could you just confirm that Strongfirst events are always held at the powerzone near Seolleung Subway station, which is the link you provided above?

Hyunjin,

Could you just confirm that Strongfirst events are always held at the powerzone near Seolleung Subway station, which is the link you provided above?

SFB, SFL in June , Powerzone near sellong station.
but SFG 1 in Oct will be another place.
Attendee package will be send about a week before.

Please feel free to send a massage about asking staying and facility and anything you want/

Google 지도

If you need any help about staying and trasportation. Feel free to send me message.
I visit Korea often. I love the outdoor bodyweight gyms in Korea - they're EVERYWHERE! I made lots of use of them last summer while I was staying there for 2 months!!! Korea has a fantastic attitude towards building strength and conditioning in the general public! I'm very impressed!!! :)

I visit Korea often. I love the outdoor bodyweight gyms in Korea - they're EVERYWHERE! I made lots of use of them last summer while I was staying there for 2 months!!! Korea has a fantastic attitude towards building strength and conditioning in the general public! I'm very impressed!!! :)

The older people hiking and exercising in the parks are particularly impressive. I was hiking in the mountains one time and I suddenly came up an outdoor gym with rusty barbells but full of older Korean gentlemen working out. The per capita number of SFG certified trainers is also impressive when you look at the list.

The older people hiking and exercising in the parks are particularly impressive. I was hiking in the mountains one time and I suddenly came up an outdoor gym with rusty barbells but full of older Korean gentlemen working out. The per capita number of SFG certified trainers is also impressive when you look at the list.
I'll also add that the South Koreans have the longest lifespan of any country on earth! There is definitely a lot going on in that country to inspire the rest of us!!!

SFB, SFL in June , Powerzone near sellong station.
but SFG 1 in Oct will be another place.
Attendee package will be send about a week before.

Please feel free to send a massage about asking staying and facility and anything you want/
If you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in lifting weights and in the Strong First system???

Hello,

I'm attending the BodyWeight Cert in Korea this June and I'm running into some issues, primarily finding the exact location. I need this so I can arrange transportation from the airport and a place to stay. The location that was emailed to me does not come up on Google/Apple maps and there are multiple gyms named the PowerZone. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank,
Bradley

Bradley, checking-in that you are all set with the location address for the SFB Cert in June?

Thank you,

Amanda

"How did you score top in TSC ranking and accomplished Iron Maiden in short succession Hyunjin ?".

Good question. I've been following Hyun Jin's accomplishments for 2 years now since we met in Chicago in May 2015. I knew then that she would be a model to follow. Hard working, EXCELLENT student of strength, humble, always helping others. And a Former Nuclear Power Plant Engineer, so you know she's smart.

I have fond memories of Korea and being in Seoul 25 years ago when I was stationed there for 15 months. My husband and I got married there. I would love to go back and visit and see the great things going on at Powerzone! I think she is there full time now.

So, how did she accomplish so much in the last few years? What I have observed... Attend and earn many (all?) StrongFirst certifications within a couple of years, train hard for goals, participate in most all of the TSCs, always be learning from self and others, share knowledge, attend PlanStrong and follow smart programming, allow yourself to be coached, rest when needed, eat well, travel and enjoy life to the fullest, read and re-read course manuals and Pavel's books, be bold, compete in other events like local powerlifting, don't allow disappointments to deter your goals, and above all just continue consistently working hard and trust the methodology. And my favorite part and why I really love to follow her: Don't try to be perfect, just be your best, and do what you do. A great example!

Some girls' schools have weight lifting programmes. Olympic lifters from Korea often started the sport in Middle School.

Speaking of StrongFirst certifications, I want to second Anna's enthusiasm for and endorsement of them. After I attended my first kettlebell cert in 2003, I made it a point of attending almost everything as soon as it came out. I believe I was at the first flexibility workshop Pavel offered through the old company, the first CK-FMS, the first Level II kettlebell certification, the first American SFL, the first American SFB, and I'm probably forgetting some. It's good stuff, everyone - don't overthink it, just go, learn, come home and practice, and be stronger as a result.

-S-

Good question. I've been following Hyun Jin's accomplishments for 2 years now since we met in Chicago in May 2015. I knew then that she would be a model to follow. Hard working, EXCELLENT student of strength, humble, always helping others. And a Former Nuclear Power Plant Engineer, so you know she's smart.

I have fond memories of Korea and being in Seoul 25 years ago when I was stationed there for 15 months. My husband and I got married there. I would love to go back and visit and see the great things going on at Powerzone! I think she is there full time now.

So, how did she accomplish so much in the last few years? What I have observed... Attend and earn many (all?) StrongFirst certifications within a couple of years, train hard for goals, participate in most all of the TSCs, always be learning from self and others, share knowledge, attend PlanStrong and follow smart programming, allow yourself to be coached, rest when needed, eat well, travel and enjoy life to the fullest, read and re-read course manuals and Pavel's books, be bold, compete in other events like local powerlifting, don't allow disappointments to deter your goals, and above all just continue consistently working hard and trust the methodology. And my favorite part and why I really love to follow her: Don't try to be perfect, just be your best, and do what you do. A great example!

This was my plan for last 2 year.

1. 2 peaks in a year.

One is TSC (2month, April) , others is Powerlifting meet (about 3 month, Oct or Nov)

2. Off season

2.1 Simple and sinister training

Even if TSC&PL season, at least 3 times per week with light weight (snatch size bell or block getup)

5times per week is common. I used 24kg mostly , but used variety weight and way.

It made great support for all of my performance.

2.2 Pullup & Overhead press training.

Only one I missed in iron maiden challenge is pullup. I putted most effort in these training last year. After attending Planstrong, I made program myself and then achieve the goal (24kg pullup) this Feburary. From Feb, I followed the program of Master Karen smith (kind of Easy strength, linear ladder) with TSC training

2.3 Gymnastic & Body weight training

Because most of training is take place in double stance, I put these on my list. Once or twice per week. For OAPU, Press to Handstand, L-sit , Back lever, crawling.

2.4 Skill training

To sharpen SFG 1&2 skills , I did finisher (deep 6, Double deep six) with light weight of low reps. And Exhibition training is my favorite.

I hope it will be helpful for others.

Google 지도

Hello Hyunjin Choi,

I received an email from Woochae Yoon and he gave me this address as the location of the SFB:
5, Seolleung-ro 82-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea.

It is different from your location, so I'm a little confused. Please let me know which is the correct address.

Thank you,
Bradley

A
Bradley, checking-in that you are all set with the location address for the SFB Cert in June?

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda,

Thank you for checking back with me. I was busy with work and have not been able to check until now. Woochae Yoon has contacted me via email with info on the location of the course and a nearby hotel. However, HyunJin Choi posted a different address in this thread. I'm trying to get that cleared up, but I am making progress.

Thanks again,
Bradley

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom