all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Today's training:

- arm bar, bent-arm bar
- goblet squat: 16kg 3x5
- one hand swings: 20,24,24,20,20 (felt surprisingly good after 2 weeks of no swinging)
- get-ups: 20,24,24,20,20

Feeling better today, maybe it's because I've been sleeping until 2pm.

Hi Justyna,

Impressive strength and I love your routine. I can see what exercises you are focusing on, and your aims, but I can't quite make out your weekly programming, despite going through most of your old posts.

Is it random/variety based on press, pull-up, pistols, get-up, and swing? Or are you doing specific exercises on specific days?

I would love to see you post a Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun weekly template in one post such that we can see how you have programmed your training.

Thanks!

Thank you for your comment @jabaljake!

My program is pretty simple and straightforward, from the beginning is almost the same. Last few months it is like this:

Monday:
- medium press, pull-ups ladders, pistols (mostly assisted, I have mobility, but lack of strength)

Tuesday:
- variety day: one hand swings (10x10) + 5x get-ups

Wendsday:
- off

Thurdsday:
- heavy press, pull-ups ladders, assisted pistols

Friday:
- variety day: one hand swings & get-ups

Saturday:
- light presses, pull ups, pistols

Sunday:
- off

Some more details:
  • training mostly 5x times a week
  • 3 times per weeks doing my presses: light, medium, heavy (which is my priority last 12 months), after it doing my pull-ups (mostly ladders) and pistols (mostly assisted)
  • presses in short: after finishing ROP with 16kg I am following program from @Pavel Macek, I started few months ago with (1-2-3)x3 - singles with 18 (and the rest with 16kg), and gradually I have been doing more ladders. After finishing 10 ladders - I did doubles with 18 and finally I was able to finished (1-2-3)x8 all with 18kg
  • get-ups and swings: it is my variety day, I go with the feeling = if I am tired I may even skip it, I am doing it to maintain "antifragile" shoulders and to have minimum dose of Strong Endurance conditioning
  • stretching, windmills, goblet squats, etc. - mobility things I do for my body maintenance (mostly shoulders and hips) - to fell good and to not have any issues with QL, etc.
  • last 2 weeks, I have been on holidays in abroad, into mountains, so yes, it was kind of "deload" and different structure, but still - presses, get-ups, pull ups...
  • I talked with Fabio Zonin (Master SFG) 2 weeks ago and he recommended me to add front squats to my routine, so I did some review of it (soon I will use programming from Fabio, so some changes are coming).
I love simple programming, but I have to have some freedom in it like variety day. I want to say, that last year I am in the best shape I have ever been (= not being sick at all, feeling good, no pains and some gains) so I suppose I am od good tract :)

I wanna thank @Pavel Macek for taking care of my programming & technique and for believing in me!

@Justyna Mackova

Thank you! Love the program. This is a keeper for my collection.

Your "light" days seem to be "light" in volume (less ladders) rather than reducing the weight.

So, if I've understood:

Light days are: (1,2,3) x 3-5
Medium: (1,2,3) x 5-8
Heavy: (1,2,3) x 8-10

What about progressions? I think you are going to 10 ladders before upping the weight?

Exactly! The difference in light/medium/heavy is volume:

1) first part (= singles with 18kg, doubles and triples with 16kg):

- light day - 5 ladders
- medium - 7
- heavy - 10 ladders

After it I pressed 20kg on left & right

2) second part (= singles & doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg) - @Pavel Macek build the volume a little up, so the total volume on light/medium/heavy days was similar to ROP:

- light day - stay at 5 ladders
- medium - 8 ladders
- heavy - 12 ladders

That was the game changer for me, I pressed 22kg on my right hand and felt really, really strong in presses

3) third part (= singles, doubles and triples with 18kg) = I had to interrupt it at 8 ladders on heavy days because of holiday. Right now I trying to get were I was before it :)

Thanks again for asking these questions, I realised that I wasn't clear with my train logs, I will be more concrete from today's day.

Last edited:
@Justyna Mackova Thanks!

How long did you stay on each part then?

It seems like you're staying with the same weight and volume for a period of time before testing. Then increasing the volume and using the weight you used for singles for doubles and triples.

You should write an article about this program

@Pavel Macek Strongly agree! It would save having to answer all these bothersome questions.

This jet lag thing is literally killing me - I can't sleep at night so I have really hard time waking up in the morning (and I am normally a morning person). Plus, I am not hungry at all (I am back at my 56kg).

Saturday's training, light day, first part:

- foam rolling - 15min
- Super-Joints
- mobility: arm bar, bent arm bar, pressing variation of bent arm bar, tactical frog, cobra
- presses, light day - I didn't feel for 18kg, I did it all with 16kg: (1-2-3)x5

Second part, 3 hours later:

- pull ups ladders: 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3 (total volume= 31 reps), I am having 15min of rest between ladders, and about 60-90 sec of rest between rungs/reps
- assisted pistols: 5x3 reps
- QL stretches

Side notes:
  • If I have a choice (depending on the schedule) I prefer to have two training sessions a day instead of one (preferably one in the morning and one in the afternoon). It works better for me
  • pull ups - I am trying to get more volume with them = my max is 7 reps (bodyweight), and one repetition with 8kg, so my next stop/goal is 10reps of bodyweight pull-ups

@Justyna Mackova Thanks!

How long did you stay on each part then?

It seems like you're staying with the same weight and volume for a period of time before testing. Then increasing the volume and using the weight you used for singles for doubles and triples.

@Pavel Macek Strongly agree! It would save having to answer all these bothersome questions.

Until I comfortably made it. Being honest - the beginning is always the worst part for me. The moment I am able to do 5 ladders, I am good (never mind if we are talking about singles, doubles or triples).

If I have a choice (depending on the schedule) I prefer to have two training sessions a day instead of one (preferably one in the morning and one in the afternoon). It works better for me

I've been doing the same for the last 7 weeks. Works GREAT for me. Feels like its taking the Fresh, Frequent, Flawless framework to a whole new level, and the body feels ready-to-go constantly, probably since that's what I'm asking (demanding?) of it. Probably this homeostasis thing... :)

@jabaljake I was curious, so I went through my old training logs:

• first part (singles with 18kg, finished at 10 ladders) - took me 8 weeks (Jan 9th - Mar 3rd)
  • second part (singles and doubles with 18kg, finished at 12 ladders) - took me 10 weeks (Mar 20th - May 29th)
  • third part ("finished" at 8 ladders of singles, doubles and triples with 18kg) - took me 7 weeks (June 8th - July 24th)

I've been doing the same for the last 7 weeks. Works GREAT for me. Feels like its taking the Fresh, Frequent, Flawless framework to a whole new level, and the body feels ready-to-go constantly, probably since that's what I'm asking (demanding?) of it. Probably this homeostasis thing... :)

"3xF": Fresh - Frequent - Flawless - I love it! :)

Sunday is my free day, so I run through mobility routine (60 minutes) - I always feel better afterwards and I have better training the very next day:

- foam rolling
- Super-Joints
- Jefferson Curl (8kg) - I love this one
- arm bars - different variations
- halo, Brettzel
- stretching for side splits (tactical frog, cossack, pancake work ...etc.)

Progress in sleeping: 4am - 9am! So hopefully I won't end up us Al Pacino in Insomnia movie.

Monday's training:

- presses, 18kg: (1-2-2)x3
- assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3-4-5)x3

Tuesday training:

- foam rolling, Super-Joints
- goblet squat: 3x5, 16kg
- one hand swings 10x10: 16kg
- get-ups + windmills: 5x16kg

I still barely sleep at night, so I put heavier weight aside for a while. But, "I will be back"!

Reactions: DCM
I took melatonin last night and slept like a baby. Today’s training was a completely different experience than few last days. Tomorrow we are going to summer camp, so I had to do my tomorrow's program today.

Wednesday practice (instead of Thursday's):

- “Escape Your Fighting Stance"
- presses: (1-2-3)x5, 18kg
- pull-ups: (1-2-3-4)x3 = 30 reps total
- assisted pistols: 4x5
- stretching for side splits

Thursday - free day (instead of Wednesday)

Friday (on the summer camp):

- presses, 18kg: (1-2-3)x5
- pull-ups: (1-2-3)x4 = 24 reps
- double front squat: 2x5 with 2x16kg, 3x3 with 2x20kg

Saturday training (between teaching):

- one hand swings: 10x10 with 20kg
- get-ups: 16,16,16,20,20

Sunday - free day. Coming back home after 3 intense days at the summer camp!

FuTr.jpg

Monday's practice, in the morning:

- (arm bar, bent arm- bar, Brettzel) x3
- presses, 18kg: (1-2-3)x6

In the afternoon:

- pull-ups: 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4-4 and with assistance: (5-6-7)x2
- pistols with assistance: 5x5

Being honest - I am tired after long & active weekend, but it was worth it! Check a short video from our summer camp I have edited.

Tuesday's practice, in the morning:

- "Escape Your Fighting Stance"
-
one hand swings, 10x10: 20,20,24,20,20kg
- get-ups: 20,20,20,24,24kg

In the evening: stretching for side splits.

During my swings I was tempted to snatch 20kg, but I stayed with my program.

Reactions: DCM
Yesterday was my free day, I went through stretching for front splits.

Thursday, in the morning:

- Super- Joints
- presses , heavy day, with 18kg: (1-2-3)x3 - good

Afternoon

I need some numbers for Fabio, so I have tried pull ups with external weight - I did one rep with 12kg, and 7 bodyweight pull ups. I need to try it when I am fresh.

After it I did my front squats, 40kg, 3x3. Enough for today!

Back
Top Bottom