all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Last two days I am working a lot = being at gym in the early morning and in the late afternoon, but still - my training is my priority.

Today's training wasn't intense at all = only few reps with lighter weight of all 4 lifts (presses, pull-ups, front squats and deadlift). Tomorrow will be the heaviest day of the week, I am getting ready for it (taking care of good food, sleep and my hands :).

Today's training - all 4 lifts, with high intensity (singles went up to 90% of my 1RM):

- pull-ups: at 7am (bodyweight and weighted - with max. 7 kg)
- presses: at 10am (for the first time in the program: 20kg)
- front squat: at 11am (55kg for single, feels light)
- deadlifty: at 12 am (82,5kg for single)

I love this kind of training - high intensity and low volume. 5 weeks of Plan Strong program behind me - 3 weeks to go!

Last edited:
Today's training:

- "warm-up": Original Strength, goblets squats, windmills
- pull-ups (10 sets) and front squats (11 sets) - I did one set of pull-ups, than one set of FSQ, pull-ups, FSQ, pull-ups...etc.

That was interesting today... Another volume week begins!

Tuesday, early morning:

- "Escape Your Fighting Stance"
- presses and deadlifts

A lot of sets today, not so easy training, I am pretty tired. After training - travel to Poland. Luckily, Wednesday is my rest day.

Thursday:

- mobility session, get-ups, goblets, windmills with 12kg
- presses, pull-ups, deadlifts, front squats
- stretching (1hour)

Light training today, I am feeling great afterwards.

Friday:

- in the morning: presses & pull-ups (because of presses I traveled 2 hours to the gym and another 2 hours back)
- afternoon: front squats & deadlifts

A lot of sets, fewer reps (singles, doubles and triples), heavy weight = the heaviest day, so far (in 6 weeks), behind me!

Merry Christmas!

Monday training:

- pull-ups & front squats

Tuesday's training:

- presses & deadlifts
- stretching for side splits

I will be honest - that were two of the worst training sessions I had during last 6 weeks. Tomorrow is my rest day, so hopefully, on Thursday everything will be fine again.

Yesterday I didn't fell well, so I did only what necessary (all 4 lifts, but easy training) and went to bed.

Today was heavy session: presses, pull-ups, fronts squats and deadlifts. That took me 3 (long) hours. With rest, of course.

This week was the hardest one for me = I did my training, but it took me a lot of energy and discipline. I still have one week to go before testing 1RM, so we will see!

How to start a New Year? With coffee and training!

Today was my first training in 2018 and the beginning of last week of Plan Strong Program:

- Super- Joints
- pull-ups and front-squats
- few bodyweight pistols - just checking if is still there? (It is!)
- stretching for hips

I am feeling good today = much, much better than last week. Funny things - after 7 weeks od regular squatting (3 times a week) I changed my mind about squatting = going from "I hate it" to "I love it". Having stronger legs and nicer butt persuaded me.

Looking back - 2017 was a pretty good year:

- I did 246 training total ( = 4,7 training sessions a week)
- I added mobility to my practice (windmills, goblets, arm-bars, cossacks...)
- I added regular stretching (at least 2 times a week for 1 hours, especially for my hips) = problems with QL "magically" disappeared
- I added 2 kilos to my press (going from 18kg to 20kg on left, and from 20kg to 22kg on my right hand)
- I went successfully through (rough) 9 months of pressing program with big volume (thank you @Pavel Macek)
- I am at 12kg weighted pull-up and 16kg pistols = slowly coming closer to my goal - testing my new 1RM coming soon
- the most important thing - I am healthy, feeling good, enjoying my body and training. What to wish more?

Today is also my happy first Strong First anniversary (1 year on Forum!).

Thank you all for comments, support, encouragement and advice!

Let's rock it in 2018!

Tuesday's practice:

- presses and deadlifts - I am sore and tired

Today is my rest day = mobility and light stretching. I am taking it easy.

During last 2 months I gained 4 kilos (not only muscles...) - good news for presses, not so good for pull-ups ;-)

Thursday - light training session, feeling great!

Friday - big day, testing 1RM after 8 weeks of Plan Strong:

- press: 22kg on the right and 20kg on the left (same weight, but I would say that it looked better and it took me definitely less effort than last time)
- pull-ups: 10kg - there is no improvement there, but I am 4kg heavier as well - this would be my next priority
- front squat: 67,5kg (before: 60kg)
- deadlift: 105 kg (before: 90kg) - technique could be better, but - there is always space for improvement
- pistol squat: 20kg on the right (before: 16kg), 16kg on the left (before: 12kg)

Bodyweight: 60 kg

Testing (and warm-ups before each one of lifts) took me 3,5 (long) hours. I was pretty tired when it came to deadlifts and pistols :) Happy with results!

Thursday - light training session, feeling great!

Friday - big day, testing 1RM after 8 weeks of Plan Strong:

- press: 22kg on the right and 20kg on the left (same weight, but I would say that it looked better and it took me definitely less effort than last time)
- pull-ups: 10kg - there is no improvement there, but I am 4kg heavier as well - this would be my next priority
- front squat: 67,5kg (before: 60kg)
- deadlift: 105 kg (before: 90kg) - technique could be better, but - there is always space for improvement
- pistol squat: 20kg on the right (before: 16kg), 16kg on the left (before: 12kg)

Bodyweight: 60 kg

Testing (and warm-ups before each one of lifts) took me 3,5 (long) hours. I was pretty tired when it came to deadlifts and pistols :) Happy with results!

Congrats on your very nice improvement! And even better that you are happy :)

Last week was my deload week, and honestly - I needed it!

Tomorrow I am starting new program from Fabio - front squats, deadlifts, presses and pull-ups are staying, but some new additional exercises are coming as well! Aim is to "put some meat on my bones" as Fabio said. Can't wait :)

Monday's practice:

- FSQ - heavy day
- pull-ups, deadlifts
- additional: asssited pistols and floor press
- stretching

Honestly, that 55kg on front squat on Monday morning (and first day of the program) woke me up faster than strong black coffee!

Tuesday:

- military press - heavy day
- pull-ups and front squats
- additional lifts: see saw press, Pendlay row

Today is my rest day. Funny thing, that first week of a new program is always difficult for me. I need time to get used to it :)

Short up-date: I am alive and I am still training!

Last weekend I was on workshop with Fabio Zonin in Poland, in Krakow - great experience, as always!

backsquat.jpg

Last week I have been training normally = 4 times a week, feeling tired after not having any rest on weekend (= workshops & travelling).

Right now I am staring a third week of program - things start to getting interesting (= growing numbers of lifts).

Monday:

- FSQ - heavy ( sets with 55kg)
- pull-ups & deadlifts (medium and light)
- pistols (assisted but still - after heavy squats - it was evil)
- floor press - that's fun

Today's practice:

- military press - heavy (sets with 18kg)
- FSQ: 24 reps total with 47,5kg - that was hard
- assisted pull-ups, see saw press and pendlay row

Today it was pretty long training (about 3hours). Especially squats were "pain in the...butt"! ;-)

P.S.: I will posting regularly right now - promise!

Today is my rest day and I am pretty grateful for that! Feeling good, but tired and hungry all day.

I did my favorite mobility sessions today = foam rolling, Super-Joints, "Escape Your Fighting Stance", and stretching for my hips health - getting ready for tomorrow!

dumbell_workshop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom