all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Weekend was kind of active:

- on Saturday I took part in the Hardstyle Abs workshop (hollow position, hanging leg raises, etc. - I feel my abbies really hard today!)

- on Sunday I was on an outdoor photographic course, running around Prague and " shooting" - I almost froze to death.

Today I am coming back to my safe & trusty regime, in the warm gym's walls:

- Original Strength
- presses: (1-2-3)x3 - I did singles with 18kg and the rest with 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x3
- pistols practice: Grease The Groove (GTG) method through the day (I am doing assistance pistols, using doorway. I have enough mobility & flexibility, but lack of strength. For time being - it will improve very fast, I know.)
- "Escape Your Fighting Stance".

Nice beggining - not to hard, not to easy, exactly as it should be.

For all of you, who are coming to Prague to attend SFL (on September) or SFG1 (on November) - sneak preview of our beautiful city Prague below! :)

pragueatnight-charlesbridge.jpg

Hello,

Ah, Charles Bridge by night ! :) Went here for Christmas this year... It was so delightful. Prague is a very nice and beautiful city.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Today's practice:
- Super-Joints
- presses: (1-2-3)x3 - singles with 18kg, doubles & triples with 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x3 - I did them together with presses, like in ROP = 1 press - 1 chin-up, 2 presses - 2 chin-ups, etc.
- pistol practice - GTG - I am getting used to it, it seems much easier today
- "Escape Your..." program + bent arm-bar + QL stretch.

Yesterday's practice:
- 1 hand-swings, 16kg: 10x10
- get-ups, 16kg x5
- pistol practice.

Today's practice:
- foam rolling
- presses: (1-2-3)x3 - singles with 18kg, doubles & triples with 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x3
- 10 minutes of breathing.

Today I took a break from pistols. At the end of the week I had to say that I am really tired = I had a lot of work at gym this week but I am happy with the results - StrongFirst community is growing in Prague (we have a great team)!

At the weekend I am going to switch off the mobile phone (and my head as well) and to catch some fresh air in the mountains.

P.S.: Photo below - today's morning training in our gym - me and our main instructor Misha (SFG1) and our strong girls.

Happy Friday the 13th!

FullSizeRender 3 (kopie).jpg

Today's practice:

-
foam rolling, Original Strength
- presses : (1-2-3)x4 - singles with 18kg, doubles & triples with 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x4 = total reps= 24
- pistols - GTG and few windmills
- "Escape" program.

I feel really refreshed after the weekend. I did a lot of walking in the fresh air, enjoying snow, great view and nice company. Howerer, I have to admit, that hiking in the winter is far more challenging than in the summer. But, good things is - I was afraid of cold, but in the end I wasn't cold at all! :)

Krkonose2017.jpg

Hello,

@Justyna Mackova
I always have considered a day spent in hinking as a active recovery day ;) What is more "raw" and natural than hiking in forest eh eh. Plus cold helps to relax.

I do not know where it is, but very nice picture :). I am sure you hike was a real pleasure !

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' - for me is mental relax in the first place and active recovery as well.

It is something mysterious in mountains that I love and need in my life. Sometimes you feel that you are almost flying above them (having strong&capable body), but sometimes you need to bow your head with respect...nature is stronger than we are. Btw, we were in the Krkonoše/Giant Mountains, but they are not giant at all :)

Regards to you,
J.

Today's practice:
- foam rolling and Original Strength (10 minutes)
- one-hand swings, 10x10: 16,20,16,16,16
- get-ups: 16,20,16,16,16.
- pistols practice
- stretching

It went easy today. The swings rocked!

Hello,

It is something mysterious in mountains that I love and need in my life
I feel the same with walking in the woods. I enjoy simple things, such as ear the birds, look at the different tree varieties, the sound of the leaves under my feet. Then, if I want to, I can then walk a little carrying a rock or a log.

Being in touch with nature always remind me that I belong to her, and not the contrary.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I had a very unusual morning today. First of all, I woke up at 4 am, which is definitely NOT a typical thing for me. I am not sure what woke me up - my hunger or my hungry cats?

So, I woke up, ate some eggs (normally I fast), drunk my Pu-Erh tea, and decided to go to the gym 2 hours earlier than normally. The idea to have my training done before work sounds very convincing to me.

I really enjoy today's training - being alone with iron in an empty, dark & quiet gym.

Today's practice:

- Super-Joints
- presses: (1-2-3)x4, singles with 18kg, the rest with 16kg
- pull ups: (1-2-3)x2, chin-ups: (1-2-3)x2 = total reps: 24
- pistols - GTG through the day
- "Escape" program.

IMG_0420.JPG

Hello,

The idea to have my training done before work sounds very convincing to me.
That is what I do. Some folks say it is not a good option because it increase muscle catabolism (due to night fast). Some other say it is good because it enhance fat burning... Well, it depends on how you feel it.

As a morning man, I always do my main routine just after getting up.

The reasons for that:
=> my CNS is perfectly fresh,
=> I do not have physical fatigue due to work,
=> easier to schedule and gives me time for other evening activities or rest,
=> it gives me lots of energy for the day.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Today's practice:
- Super-Joints
- one-hand swings, 10x10: 16,20,20,16,16
- get-ups: 16,20,20,16,16.

I was really tired today, but training was the best thing I could do for myself - feeling much better after it!

Friday's practice:
- Original Strength
- presses (1-2-3)x4, singles with 18kg, the rest with 16kg
- assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3)x4
- pistols- GTG.

I had really hard week at work, so I decided to take a weekend completely off. My "to do list" for the weekend:

- WHM breathing
- meditation
- massage
- sleep (12hours in the row, nice score!)
- clean an apartment (and throw out all that useless things)
- coffee with my Pavel.

All checked! I feel that my body is finally recovering :)

Hello,

sauna @90° / water @10° (so I take advantage of that to do WHM breathin) clean both my body and my mind.

Finally you made a lot of active recovery. Very healthy ;) :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Back
Top Bottom