all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Monday:
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 13: 7-6-5-4-3
  • after if: physiotherapy (still having an issue with my left arm - with biceps to be precise)

Tuesday:
  • mobility drills
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 14: 7-6-5-4-4
  • get-ups: 16, 16, 20, 16, 16kg
  • deadlift 60kg 3x5
  • stretching

Wednesday:
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 15: 7-6-5-5-4 (Good news: I am in the middle of it! Bad news: easier half is behind me ;-)
  • military press with the bar: 5x5
  • front squat, 30kg: 3x5
  • 2HS, 20kg: 10x5
squat.jpg

Thursday (pretty sore and tired, nor sleeping well...):
  • mobility drills
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 16: 7-6-6-5-4
  • get-ups, 16kg x5
Friday:
  • "Escape Your Fighting Stance"
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 17: 7-7-6-5-4 (surprisingly feels super good today!)
  • military press with the bar: 5x5
  • front squat: 30kg 3x5
  • deadlift: 60kg 3x5
  • after it: stretching (1hour)

That was a beautiful training. I really enjoyed it! From the begging until the end.

Wow, an entire hour of just stretching. Were you focused on stretching any particular body part, (like your bicep) or was this just a full session of stretching?

I am using stretching sessions from coach Sommer - for hips and another one for hamstrings - I alternate them. Each one of them take around 45 minutes, and after it I am doing stretches for biceps from my physiotheraphis.

I mostly need to stretch my hips, especially when using barbells. It is kind of my "weak point" (I mean hips, not barbell :) so whenever I feel that something is going on - I stretch.

Saturday:
  • Fighter's Pull-ups Day 17: rest

Sunday:
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 18: 8-7-6-5-4

Teaching deadlift workshop all afternoon (as a part of preparation for TSC)

deadlift_workshop.jpg
Monday:

Honestly - I am pretty tired all day.
  • Fighter's Pull-ups, Day 19: 8-7-6-5-5 - heavy as hell
  • get-ups, 16kg x5
I am done for today.

Tuesday:
  • Fighters Pull-ups, Day 20: 7 reps. This 7 reps felt like max - max - max. I felt really sore and tired. No pull-ups more today
  • military press with a bar (20kg): 6x5
Wednesday:
  • mobility drills
  • Fighters Pull-ups Day 20: I did only 7 reps (again), so I decided to step back to Day 14: 7-6-5-5-4
  • front squats, 30kg: 5x5
  • deadlift 60kg: 5x5
  • short stretching after it

Thursday:
  • mobility drills
  • Fighters Pull-ups Day 15: 7-6-6-5-4
  • military press 20kg: 5x5
  • get-ups: 14kg x5
  • 2HS, 20kg: 10x5 reps
About Fighters Pull-ups - let's be honest. First two weeks - works pretty good for me!

On the third week - on Tuesday I had to take a day off. Next day I stepped back a little. Today I am thinking about not continue with this program anymore. It is not my style "to quite", but let's face the truth = I am sore, my forearm and neck is stiff, and program is so challenging that I don't have much energy left for others things... And I need my energy badly somewhere else right now.

So I decide to do Day 16 tomorrow (7-7-6-5-4), then take two days off on weekend and we will see on Monday!

About Fighters Pull-ups - let's be honest. First two weeks - works pretty good for me!

On the third week - on Tuesday I had to take a day off. Next day I stepped back a little. Today I am thinking about not continue with this program anymore.

You know, I have a lot of doubts about FPP, at least as written. I highly doubt it is reasonable for anyone to add 1 to their max pullups every 5 sessions, unless they are a beginner or they had a much higher max in the past that they are working to recover. For most of us, I think there needs to be some "waviness" added to it.

In the article, Pavel does say: "If you hit the wall again, switch to another routine. " I guess that counts as waviness.

You know, I have a lot of doubts about FPP, at least as written. I highly doubt it is reasonable for anyone to add 1 to their max pullups every 5 sessions, unless they are a beginner or they had a much higher max in the past that they are working to recover. For most of us, I think there needs to be some "waviness" added to it.

In the article, Pavel does say: "If you hit the wall again, switch to another routine. " I guess that counts as waviness.

Exactly!

I did that program only once, many years ago (for chin-ups that time) and I was curious how that could work for me right now. Still, I gotta admit that it was a precious experience.

Friday's evening:
  • mobility drills
  • Fighter's Pull-ups day 16: 7-7-6-5-4 (that was fine)
  • double drills, 2x12kg: (3 reps of cleans, push presses and front squats) x5 rounds
Summary after 2 (almost 3) weeks of Fighters Pull-ups:

yes, I am not gonna continue with this program, but still I have to say that during this 2 weeks I can see a huge improvement = I wouldn't be able to do 7reps and then another 7reps in a row before. Not even in a dream :) So, I am glad that I have at least tried it.

Saturday morning: jogging, that was a beautiful begging of a day!

Saturday afternoon:
  • Super-Joints
  • get-ups, 16kg x5
  • military press: 20kg: 2x5, 22,5 kg: 3x5
  • overhead squat with a dowel: 5x5
  • front squat, 30kg: 3x5
I was planning to do some deadlift as well, but I touched the bar and realize that it is enough for today.

morning.jpg

Tuesday:
  • checking my pull-ups for max reps: 8.
The most limiting part for my pull-ups is... my forearm tightness. But never mind - I am glad, 8 reps are fine for me! :)

I took a rest day yesterday = I didn't feel very well... hungry and cold, feeling like having a fever.

Wednesday morning:
  • morning: mobility drills
  • get-ups: 16, 16, 20, 20, 20kg
  • front squats, 30kg 5x5
Afternoon:
  • deadlift, 60kg x5, 65x5, 70 kg 2x5
  • Romanian deadlift (trying it for the first time), 40kg: 3x5

Friday, last week:
  • pull-ups: 6x5 reps
  • military press: 22,5kg 3x5, 25kg 2x5
  • FSQ: 30kg 3x5, 35kg 2x5

Saturday- Monday: sick.

Tuesday:
  • mobility drills
  • get-ups: 16kg x5
That was enough for today.

Wednesday:
  • military press: 22,5kg 3x5, push press: 25kg 3x5
  • FSQ 30kg 3x5
  • DL 60kg 3x5
I am still not in the best shape/condition.

Thursday: jogging (feeling good after)

Friday:
  • get-ups: 16kg x5
  • 2H swings, 20kg: 5x10 reps, 24kg: 5x10 reps
  • push-ups: 5x5
  • stretching
Weekend: sick again - not happy about it, it looks like a "normal" cold, but somehow I can't get rid of it.

8th of March: all the best for all strong women in the world!

kettlebells&roses.jpg

I have finally I risen from... bed. I am back!

A lot of things happenings last fews day... everything is changing so quickly.

Our gym is closed right now for 30 days.

Being without gym for 30 days?

We will make it!

We should be responsible.

We should stay at home.

Minimize contact with others.

Staying at home is NOT a challenge.

It is an OPPORTUNITY to learn something about ourselves.

Stay strong.

And...

STAY HOME!!!

justy_we_can_do_it.jpg

Back
Top Bottom