all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Sorry for a long break. I was taking some time OFF. I nedded a time for myself to think about some heavy stuff, that was bothering me for long time. And the only place I can find "peace" is mountains.

My training schedule - honestly, I have other priorities right now. However, I am trying to move, mostly bodyweight (pistols, push ups, chin ups) - preparing for summer camp next week.

I will come back to regime at the begging of school year (in 2 weeks). I realized that I am out of shape and I am not going to tolerate it any longer.

moun.jpg

moun2.jpg

moun3.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for a long break. I was taking some time OFF. I nedded a time for myself to think about some heavy stuff, that was bothering me for long time. And the only place I can find "peace" is mountains.

My training schedule - honestly, I have other priorities right now. However, I am trying to move, mostly bodyweight (pistols, push ups, chin ups) - preparing for summer camp next week.

I will come back to regime at the begging of school year (in 2 weeks). I realized that I am out of shape and I am not going to tolerate it any longer.

View attachment 11180

View attachment 11181

View attachment 11182
Beautiful pictures!

Beautiful pictures indeed. Sometimes you just need a break, or some "me" time to clear your head. I do hope you have found your "peace".

View attachment 11180

View attachment 11181

View attachment 11182

Thursday last week: bodyweight mix= some chin-ups, push ups & pistols.

Friday:
  • mobility drills
  • FSQ: 30x5, 35x5, 40kg 3x3
  • get-ups: 20, 20, 20, 22, 22kg
  • DL: 60x5, 65x5, 70kg 3x3
I didn't sleep well, however I had surprisingly good training. I love Friday's sessions with my girls ❤️.

Monday: rest.

On Tuesday I did a few pistols in the morning and suddenly my left knee started to hurt and sweel (it's big red and "hot"). I am limping a bit, we will see tomorrow, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

Monday: rest.

On Tuesday I did a few pistols in the morning and suddenly my left knee started to hurt and sweel (it's big red and "hot"). I am limping a bit, we will see tomorrow, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
I hope it gets better soon. I had the same issue with pistol practice a month or two ago. Switched to rear lunges and high step ups for single leg work, much less issues.

I hope it gets better soon. I had the same issue with pistol practice a month or two ago. Switched to rear lunges and high step ups for single leg work, much less issues.

You really had the same issue? How long did it take in your case to come back to status quo?

And thanks for advice! I will take a break from pistols for sure. Right now my main concern is to walk normally again... ;-)

You really had the same issue? How long did it take in your case to come back to status quo?

And thanks for advice! I will take a break from pistols for sure. Right now my main concern is to walk normally again... ;-)
I haven’t gone back to practicing pistols yet but the pain was gone in a few days.

On Monday I took rest after busy weekend.

On Tuesday I took it easy - only some mobility, chin-ups & push ups. No pistols :)

And ups, I almost forget! Our ladies are sending regards to SF community!

SF2.jpg
SF.jpg

Thursday:

Ok, I was like this: I was on my way do gym (indeed!) and it was so beautiful summer afternoon... (maybe one of the last), so I changed my mind and went for a long walk instead! That was the best choice for me, I needed sun more than an iron that day! :)

JU_.jpgju.jpg

Friday:
  • rehab and mobility
  • planks and other abs work
  • chin-ups - few sets of 2,3 reps
  • presses - just trying it very light (8kg)
  • fronts squats and swings - all light, nothing serious
  • massage at the evening

Last edited:
Sunday: teaching workshop - introduction to Zercher Squat and Deadlift.

Very happy with my ladies, they are learning very fast and they have good strength base as well - from training for years with kettlebells :)

workshop_1.jpgworkshop_2.jpgworskhop_3.jpg

Tuesday morning I woke up with inflammation in left hand... I wasn't able to close/open the hand, not talking about holding anything in it or about putting a weight on it.

Honestly, I am seeing it as the last warning signal from my body, that I really HAVE TO slow down. Few days sooner it was knee, right now - hand.

But I am not going to cry! I am going to take proper care about myself. Right now I am incorporating physiotherapy, acupuncture, massage and cold shower into my weekly schedule. Eating clean with having a cheat day once a week (yeah, coffee, wine and sweet!). But still, there is a few things I can add to feel better. Or maybe I just need more time to regenerate :)

Despite I cannot work on being better athlete right now (or better to say: "my possibilities are limited" ;-), but still I can work on being a better teacher! Below is video of our student Maruska - she is 67 year old and she's training in our gym for 2 years. I am proud of her!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom