- one-hand swings, 16kg, 10x10
- windmills + get-ups: 5x 16kg
- pistols: GTG

Today's practice:

- presses, heavy day: (1-2-3)x7, singles with 18kg, rest with 16kg
- pull ups: (1-2-3), assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3)x4
- pistols: GTG
- stretching

Feeling strong today! Finally, after 4 weeks of practice I feel an improvement in my pistol's practice.

Today's practice:

- Original Strength
- presses, medium day: (1-2-3)x7, singles with 18kg, rest with 16kg
- assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3)x7
- stretching

In three weeks I should finish my pressing program (10 ladders of 1-2-3), I am curious how it will continue. 18kg seems lighter but definitely not light.

Today's practice:

- foam rolling - at least 20 minutes
- Original Strength
- one-hand swings: 16kg 10x10
- get-ups: 16,20,16,16,16

Today I was really sore and...hungry! Normally, I am fasting, but today I could eat and eat and eat...The endless eating - I am feeling like "a burning machine".

I received a great tank top from Tracy Reifkind & @Rif so I needed to take a photo of it - thank you, and power to you!

kettlebellpress.jpg

I am not drinking (much), I am not smoking (at all), but, being honest - I have my addictions. Except of strength training and my morning Pu-Erh, it's photography and photo editing.

So today, I slept only 5 hours and then I spent 7 hours sitting behind the screen on my notebook ("welcome in Photoshop world"). This the reason why I did my training not before late evening.

Today's practice:

- Super Joints
- Program "Escape"
- presses, heavy day: (1-2-3)x8
- pull ups: (1-2-3)x2, and later assisted pull ups: (1-2-3) - I am doing them together with presses
- longer stretching

That was heavy training so I rewarded myself with "super supper" = my standard meal plus sweet potatoes & glass of wine, I deserved it today!

In spite of having a great free weekend it took me some time today to get going with my training... = a typical Monday :)

Today's practice:

- presses, light day: (1-2-3)x5, singles with 18kg, the rest with 16kg
- pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5

@Timothy Friel - great! I am glad that writing log is useful. Thank you for your comment, it is the best motivation for me to keep doing what I am doing.

Today's practice:

- foam rolling and Super-Joints
- one hand swings, 10x10: 16,20,16,16,16
- get-ups and windmills: 16,20,20,16,16
- pistols - GTG
- "Escape" program

Today's was a "get-ups day", so I did a thematic meme for this (on the photo one of our instructors Misha - SFG1, in our ladies gym).

get-up.PNG

Last 2 days I felt kind of tired = I suppose I need to sleep more and do more mobility stuff...I took few days of rest from pistols as well.

Thursday's practice:

- foam rolling
- Super-Joints
- "Escape" program
- Jefferson curl
- one hand swings: 16kg 10x10
- get-ups: 16kg x5

Friday's practice:

- foam rolling
- Super-Joints
- presses: (1-2-3)x9, singles with 18, the rest with 16kg
- assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5

Today's practice:

- foam rolling and Original Strength
- "Escape" program
- presses, light day: (1-2-3)x5
- asssited pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5
- stretching

I am still tired, so I took it easy with pull ups today. This week I am finishing pressing program and I am really looking forward for deload.

Today's practice:

- foam rolling, Super-Joints
- "Escape" program
- get-ups: 16kg x5

Lighter training but definitely I am feeling much better after it!

Happy to find out that my picture is in the newest SF article, what a nice surprise :)

Today's practice:

- "Escape" program
- presses, medium day: (1-2-3)x7, singles with 18, the rest with 16kg
- assisted pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5
- foam rolling.

Today is a first day when I feel that my strength and energy is coming back to normal level!

Yesterday's practice:

- Super-Joints
- windmills+get-ups: 16kg x5

Today's practice:

- foam rolling and Super-Joints
- presses, heavy day: (1-2-3)x10
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x3
- stretching

Today wasn't easy at all. I've finished my pressing program so we will see soon how it went. I believe I could press 18kg more than one time, but I will wait for the next week's test.

Weekend = massage and rest!

During weekend I did a lot of mobility work (= very light: windmills, get-ups variation, bent presses, goblet squats...) and some pistols practice.

Today I tested my presses after finishing pressing program from @Pavel Macek (thank you very much for help!).

Last time, after finishing ROP with 16kg, I couldn't press 20kg on the left side (which is my non - dominant side) and I barely pressed 18kg on the left.

Today's practice:

- Original Strength
- SLDL (single leg deadlift), 12kg: 3x5
- prying goblet squats, 12kg: 3x5
- windmills, 12kg: 3x5

- press test, 20kg: 1x left, 1x right
- press test, 18kg: 4x on the left side, 6x on the right side

Technique could be better, but there is a saying that "perfect is the enemy of good" = I will work on it!

For me, important is that:
  • I could press 20kg both left and right
  • 18kg is not so heavy anymore
  • my right & left strength asymmetries are smaller than it were before

This week is my deload week and after it - in case you wonder - I will continue with presses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom