all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Great work! That split would kill me! I can't press due to shoulder issues as well, the best I can manage is KB/DB Floor Presses as they don't bother my shoulders too much and I usually pair them with pull ups. I hope your shoulder gets better!
Thanks! Belive me, for me it also painful! But I heard that this kind of pain is in the head ?.

Floor presses are great, I envy you! I cannot do horizontal pressing either, even push-ups bother my shoulder. At least I can do handstand. Better than nothing :)

Thursday: tired, only few handstands

Friday:
  • pull-ups: 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4, (1-2-3)x3
  • get-ups, 16kg x5
  • stretching
Saturday:
  • chin-ups: 3x3
  • FSQ, (12+12): 5x5
  • GM, 30kg: 5x5
Sunday: some yoga practice

View attachment 13236
Oh, another lovely photo where I must ask myself, which are more beautiful, the bouquet of kettlebells or the bouquet in the vase on the windowsill?

Shoulders can be such troublesome beasts. I've actually had cases of adhesive capsulitis in both of mine, first the right shoulder in the early 00s and then the left shoulder from 2010 to 2012. They don't know what caused it, but somehow type 1 diabetics are more prone to them. But I'm luck enough that even with that history, I don't have any issues of pain or discomfort with them when I press.

Oh, another lovely photo where I must ask myself, which are more beautiful, the bouquet of kettlebells or the bouquet in the vase on the windowsill?

Shoulders can be such troublesome beasts. I've actually had cases of adhesive capsulitis in both of mine, first the right shoulder in the early 00s and then the left shoulder from 2010 to 2012. They don't know what caused it, but somehow type 1 diabetics are more prone to them. But I'm luck enough that even with that history, I don't have any issues of pain or discomfort with them when I press.
And I can see that you have a romantic soul! :)

Lucky you with your shoulders! I have been pressing too long & too heavy, and that's probably the issue. Hoverer, it's always something you can do instead of it... so I am seeing it as an opportunity.

Monday:
  • morning recharge
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3)x3
  • box pistol: 6x5
  • get-ups: 16, 16, 20, 20, 20kg
  • 2HS: 20kg 5x10
  • jogging: 5km
  • easy stretching
Easy but nice beginning of the week.

I am feeling really good last weeks, my strength is coming back and I am putting some meat ony my bones (happy with that!).

The best "side effect" of regular training - feeling good in your body!

88149F50-C094-4667-935F-D58850598B8D.JPG

Monday:
  • morning recharge
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3)x3
  • box pistol: 6x5
  • get-ups: 16, 16, 20, 20, 20kg
  • 2HS: 20kg 5x10
  • jogging: 5km
  • easy stretching
Easy but nice beginning of the week.

I am feeling really good last weeks, my strength is coming back and I am putting some meat ony my bones (happy with that!).

The best "side effect" of regular training - feeling good in your body!

View attachment 13244
I have to say I've been really pleased with what I've seen since deadlifting again and working with 2 kettlebells I've acquired. Especially it seems with using glute activation drills and resistance bands, my weight has stayed the same but the derriere and thighs are noticeably tighter in the pants and jeans I have. I never got such growth during the years I deadlifted before, about 2008 to 2013, I think. Now glute activation drills followed up with kettlebell swings, it's almost magic.

And yes, I have a great love for art and artistic endeavors. The illumination it can shine our humanity, both our goodness and darkness, is a kind of magic and hopefully a magic which will help us and the generations to come to improve our understandings of one another.

Tuesday:
  • foam rolling, Super-Joints, mobility drills (mostly for hips, hamstrings and hip flexors)
  • BSQ: 30kg 5x5
  • GM: 30kg 2x5, 40kg 3x5
  • longer stretching... = yeah, it's painful.
Not every day is a perfect day - today I had to convince myself to practice. However, I did it ?.

Yes, we still have a Christmas tree on our noticeboard at our gym... - time to change it!

IMG_3609.jpg

Hi. Nice to read your training log. It is inspiring. I was wondering what you would have done differently today to maintain better shoulder health ?

Last edited:
Hi. Nice to read your training log. It is inspiring. I was wondering what you would have done differently today to maintain better shoulder health ?
Hi @Anders! Thank you!

Pretty good question, thanks for it. First of all, probably I would have stopped pressing sooner ( = I have been doing ROP program with 18kg for almost 3 years...). Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that pressing is bad for shoulders. What I am saying is that it's not good for my left shoulder (and I have gone through some physiotheraphy... so it is not like I quit it without trying).

Secondly - I would have added more things I am practicing now = hanging on the pull-up bar (skin the cat, knee raises, different kind of pull-ups/chin-ups...), handstand, yoga, flexibility drills (it sounds strange but stretching my hips always helps me with shoulder's problem).

Saturday:
  • squat: 30kg 2x5, 40kg 3x5
  • GM 40kg: 5x5
  • intense stretching for standing splits (1,5h)

Monday: (tired and sore):
  • Pull-ups: (1-2-3) x3
  • Get-ups: 12kg x5
  • Light mobility
Tuesday:
  • BSQ 30kg: 5x5
  • 1HS - snatch - windmill "combo" with 12kg (few rounds)
  • Light stretching

Wedneseday:
  • Pull-ups 1-2-3 x4
  • Get- ups 16kg x5
  • 1HS 16kg: 10x10
Today:
  • BS 35kg: 5x5
Not feeling super strong this week, probably because I had a lot of "computer work". After 2 days of intense working I realized that I have to make my training practice a priority = do it in the first part of the day (before 11 am). That works!

Friday afternoon: going for a walk where I caught this unexpected beautiful sunset...

sunset.jpg

Saturday (feeling rested and ready to lift!):
  • mobility drillls
  • chin-ups: 1-2-3-4-5-6, 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-5 (51 total)
  • front squats: 40kg 3x5, 45kg 3x3
  • Good Morning, 40kg 5x5
  • light stretching

Tuesday (feeling tired):
  • pull-ups, easy: (1-2-3)x3
  • box pistols: 5x5
  • plus TRX rows (few rounds)
  • intense stretching at the evening (for standing splits)
Wednesday:
  • morning mobility
  • get-ups: 12, 12, 12, 16, 16
  • 1HS, 16kg: 10x10
  • double kettlebell FSQ, 2x16: 3x5, 2x20kg: 3, 4, 5reps
  • light stretching

Back
Top Bottom