all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

PNG image 2.png
Looks pretty good as iPhone wallpaper too. The gym, passed through a filter, could be almost from any decade of the twentieth century. Love the timelessness and minimalism of it, along with the human touch of the flowers, the lighting, and the Central European vibes!

View attachment 13434
Looks pretty good as iPhone wallpaper too. The gym, passed through a filter, could be almost from any decade of the twentieth century. Love the timelessness and minimalism of it, along with the human touch of the flowers, the lighting, and the Central European vibes!
Wow, it really does! :-D

Friday: off
Saturday: just an evening stretching

Sunday:
  • morning recharge
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3-4-5)x3
  • FSQ, 30kg 5x5
  • headstand
I am sore today from yesterday's stretching, especially in my arms. These may sounds strange, however working on standing front splits demands a lot of work being upside down and supporting yourself on your arms :)

Monday:
  • morning mobility
  • get-ups: 16kg x5
  • light stretching = I am still pretty sore ?
This video (below) made my day today. Maruska (60 years old) is training in our gym for 2 years, she is never complaining about anything and always spreading a good energy around her. It's a pleasure to train with somebody like her!

Last week, Tuesday:
  • FSQ 35kg 5x5
  • GM 40kg 5x5
  • TRX rows & leg raises
Wednesday: off

Thursday:
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5
  • get-ups: 16kg x5¨1HS 16kg: 10x10
  • handstands
Friday: off

Saturday:
  • foam rolling, Original Strength, mobility drills
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3)x3
Sunday: off

Last week I felt tired all the time, even when having enough sleep (8h+). I didn't want to fight with it, so I switched my training regime to every other day and reduce intensity. It seems that it works.

Monday:
  • mobility drills
  • goblet: 16kg 5x5
  • 1HS, 16kg: 10x10
  • light stretching
Yeah, that was good.

IMG_8981.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday:
  • mobility drills
  • goblet 16kg 5x5
  • TRX rows + leg raises
  • 1HS, 16kg 10x10
  • stretching
Good feeling afterwards. Having "do to list" prepared an evening before, sleeping 9 hours, waking up early, doing my training in the morning - that works for me!

It's already 4 weeks that I have been working on standing splits - I am not there YET, but I am pretty happy with results. You can see progression during last month on the photo below. It was really that bad at the begging! :)

s_splits.jpg

Thursday:
  • mobility drills
  • goblet 16kg 5x5
  • TRX rows + leg raises
  • 1HS, 16kg 10x10
  • stretching
Good feeling afterwards. Having "do to list" prepared an evening before, sleeping 9 hours, waking up early, doing my training in the morning - that works for me!

It's already 4 weeks that I have been working on standing splits - I am not there YET, but I am pretty happy with results. You can see progression during last month on the photo below. It was really that bad at the begging! :)

View attachment 13567
Great work! Your beginning would be where I'm at after four weeks!

Friday:
  • mobility drills
  • pull-ups: (1-2-3)x4 - trying different grip = making tactical pull-ups "tactical" ;-)

Saturday:
  • mobility drills
  • deadlift 16+16: 5x5
  • FSQ, 12+12: 5x5
  • leg raises
  • one hand swings & snatches with 16kg: around 100 reps total. That feels awesome!

Finally the spring fever is over! I am so glad that my energy is BACK.

How was the carry over in strength? Any particular exercises that carried over more than others? Even though I get stronger with barbells, I find kettlebell strength seems to carry over more into everyday activities.

How was the carry over in strength? Any particular exercises that carried over more than others? Even though I get stronger with barbells, I find kettlebell strength seems to carry over more into everyday activities.
In my case definitely pull-ups! :) I was able to do more challenging routes at the beginning because of adequate upper body strength. Bo be honest, I also appreciate much my flexibility :-D.

In my opinion training with kettlebell is more "universal". I mean, everybody will find something in it = strength, cardio, mobility...

Slowly coming back to reality = teaching at the gym (finally we are open) and my own training regime.

I am posting few photos from holiday = I gotta say that I missing being on fresh air all day and different kind od activity (climbing, walking, biking...). I am planning to incorporate it more in my life here :)

a1.jpg a2.jpg

a3.jpg

In my case definitely pull-ups! :) I was able to do more challenging routes at the beginning because of adequate upper body strength. Bo be honest, I also appreciate much my flexibility :-D.

In my opinion training with kettlebell is more "universal". I mean, everybody will find something in it = strength, cardio, mobility...

A very good reason to do pull- ups :-D

Weekend: 20 km on Friday and another 20 on Sunday ? I am missing being in nature!

IMG_3749.jpg

Monday:
  • mobility drills
  • Get-up with press in every position, 12kg x5
  • clean x1 + press x2 + front squat x3 + back lunges x4 + rows x5 - 5 rounds with 12kg
  • few one hand swings & snatches with 12 kg

Good beginning of a week! ?

Tuesday:
  • morning recharge
  • Get-up to the top - windmill - push press - get down - on the left with 16kg
  • 2HS with 24kg x10
  • Get-up to the top - windmill - push press - get down - on the right with 16kg
  • 2HS with 24kg x10
  • repeated: 5 times

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom