swing_3.jpg

Friday, early morning training:

- mobility drills
- presses, 18kg: (1-2-3)x5
- pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5
- FSQ, 30kg: 5x5 - working on technique
- stretching for hips

Feeling good today!

May I ask, why did you choose the front squat over the traditional back squat? Are there benefits it brings over the back squat?

Thanks!

May I ask, why did you choose the front squat over the traditional back squat? Are there benefits it brings over the back squat?

Thanks!

@mikerobinson: I would like to come back to pistol squats soon, so front squat, in my opinion, will have a better carryover to it than back squat. But we will see after a few weeks od front squatting :)

Friday:

- presses H, 18kg: 1-2-3-4, (1-2-3)x4
- pull-ups M: (1-2-3)x3
- 1HS, 16kg: 10x10.

That's enough for today, I am pretty tired, but I have a good feeling after practice.

It took me 2 weeks to come back to training (the place I was before), after 2 weeks of no training at all. It seems as a fair deal to me :)

Have a nice weekend!

SF.jpg

@mikerobinson: I would like to come back to pistol squats soon, so front squat, in my opinion, will have a better carryover to it than back squat. But we will see after a few weeks od front squatting :)

Thanks. Pistol squats because you like the mobility too?

Would you be willing to summarise your current weekly program. I like the consistency and simplicity that you and your husband both have, and it works.

@mikerobinson: Thank you! I don't mind staying with the same program for longer periods = simplicity and routine works pretty good for me :)

I would love to be ready for Iron Maiden Challenge one day, so that's the reason why pistols. However, it's a LONG way to go and I am at the beginning.

My weekly schedule is:

- pull-ups & presses: 3 times a week (light/medium/heavy) - credit to Fabio for the blueprint
- mobility, get-ups, swings/snatches and front squats: 2 times a week

I am training 4-5 times. I am trying to listen to my body = sometimes I am pushing it a little more than usual, sometimes I skip practice to give my body time for recovery.

Last weekend: active, in the Alps.

Monday & Tuesday: not feeling well...

Wednesday:

- "Escape Your Fighting Stance"
- pull-ups: (1-2)x5
- press, 18kg: (1-2)x3

Thursday:

- pull-ups: (1-2-3)x5
- press, 18kg: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Friday:

- "only" press, 18kg: (1-2-3)x5 - tired

Saturday:

- mobility recharge
- pull-ups: (1-2-3-4)x5
- 1HS, 16kg: 10x10
- get-ups: 16kg x5

Feeling tired all week. I have been successfully ignoring signals from the body and here it comes. Sunday morning I woke up sick => staying in the bed for 3days right now. Tomorrow, hopefully, I will be able to move a little.

alpy_12.jpg

Wednesday afternoon:

- "Escape Your Fighting Stance" and other mobility drills
- pull-ups: (1-2-2)x5
- press, 18kg: (1-2)x5

Light session, but feels heavy.

Today's practice:

- get-ups: 18, 22, 22, 22, 22kg
- stretching

Not feeling ready for swings yet.

"Funny" thing, I realized, that the moment you stop moving, your mind starts to function in a complete different way... more pessimistic, I would say. Another good reason to practice regularly!

kettlebell.jpg

"From FuTr (our ladies gym) with L❤️VE" :)

Weekend: visiting a friend in Berlin ( = no training at all)

berlin.jpg

Monday:

- " Escape Your Fighting Stance"
- pull-ups L: (1-2)x5
- press M, 18kg: (1-2)x5
- back squat, technique, 30kg: 5x5

P.S. : @mikerobinson: you asked me about front squat last time... and it seems that I am going to switch to back squat instead (Fabio suggested it to me, so we can use more weight :-D.)

Tuesday, in the morning:

- get-ups, 20kg x5

Tuesday, in the afternoon: yoga classes

Wednesday:

- pull-ups H: (1-2-3-4)x2, (1-2-3)x3
- press, 18kg: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
- light stretching

Thursday:

- press L, 18kg: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
- back squat (technique practice)