all posts post new thread

Barbell Landmine Viking press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MattM

SFG1
Anyone ever use the Viking press attachment for a landmine?

Got one for my gf for Christmas. We both absolutely love it.

I got the Titan Fitness version. Best $40 I've ever spent.

I have looked at getting one before, but I have used this version:

I really like Landmine Presses, especially the Half Kneeling Landmine Press.

In the video his is mounted way to low for a Viking Press. For a Kneeling or Half Kneeling Press it would be a good height. Notice in Kalle’s video it is about shoulder height.

Banded Landmine Press is a good option because it maintains steady resistance as the bar angle increases making the press easier. The steeper the bar angle the less load being moved.

I used to do tons of Lumberjack Squats with the Landmine also.

Crazy, I came accross this thread through googling these handles.

@Geoff Chafe I'm loving the fact that I found a way to now do overhead presses with low ceilings. This thing is going to get a ton of use.
How do you like the handles after using them for a bit? Did you also pick up the piece to attach the other end of the bar to your power rack pipe? I'm curious how much that peice can handle weight wise, and a bit confused about why they don't put the bar on top of the pie rather than hanging below.

In the video his is mounted way to low for a Viking Press. For a Kneeling or Half Kneeling Press it would be a good height. Notice in Kalle’s video it is about shoulder height.

Banded Landmine Press is a good option because it maintains steady resistance as the bar angle increases making the press easier. The steeper the bar angle the less load being moved.

I used to do tons of Lumberjack Squats with the Landmine also.
Agreed, its a bit strange that all the vidoes for these handle are so low of the other side. I guess they are coming from a "another thing to do with a landmine" background as opposed to a "I want to viking press" background. Question for you, do you like the viking press facing towards of away from the weight? If I recall it used to be facing towards in the WSM events, but it looks like they've switched to facing away.

@TravisDirks I absolutely love my Viking handle. I can't recommend you buy one from Titan though, this thing is UGLY (actually both are, got a new one for free because the first was so ugly!).

If you have the money grab one from Dean at Black Widow Training Gear (the creator of it). Expensive but worth it.

I use the post landmine in 2 bumper plates (raised off the floor on a plyo box so it's closer to my shoulders).

@TravisDirks I absolutely love my Viking handle. I can't recommend you buy one from Titan though, this thing is UGLY (actually both are, got a new one for free because the first was so ugly!).

If you have the money grab one from Dean at Black Widow Training Gear (the creator of it). Expensive but worth it.

I use the post landmine in 2 bumper plates (raised off the floor on a plyo box so it's closer to my shoulders).
LOL, Got Titans version 2 in yestarday. Looks like it's a little better, but whoa, not pretty welds! That said, holy crap what a fun lift!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom