all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

9/6
Coaching soccer and generally being an uber driver for my kids.
Sports complex did have a cool calisthenics park that i got to play on. It was unique in that it had a climbing rope so i spent most of my time on that in between wrestling my son and his friend.

9/7
Lots of walking and family time.

9/8
Good amount of walking to the lake to watch the eclipse. Did some hill sprints with the kiddos at the sledding hill.
Late night sesh:
Workout #10
10-20 dead bugs + 5 double kettlebell presses – 5 rounds
10-20 dead bugs + 5 double kettlebell front squats - 5 rounds
10-20 dead bugs + 10 swings- 10 rounds
24/24k for press n squat
32k for swings

Last edited:
Kind of been lagging this week…straight up busy with coaching and being a dad. Coaching soccer Tuesday night, should have got a seasion in Wednesday but my house was in total disarray and wife was working nights. Made myself do a lot of re/prehab for my feet/ankles. See if i get something else in tonight after another soccer session.

hadnt been feeling well so i took a couple of light days. Then ot turns put i was going down…ended up with septic bursitis of the elbow that is now behaving atypical. Feel shotty and my arm is swollen af. I think it all stemmed from a spider/bug bite. Woke up with three one morning. And immediately though brown recluse because it has happened to me in the past. Kept and eye on it and even though they had been infected they seemed to heal. Then Thursday afternoon i knew something was wrong and came into the ER. Been here since and will likely be here through Friday…..the road to recovery begins.

hadnt been feeling well so i took a couple of light days. Then ot turns put i was going down…ended up with septic bursitis of the elbow that is now behaving atypical. Feel shotty and my arm is swollen af. I think it all stemmed from a spider/bug bite. Woke up with three one morning. And immediately though brown recluse because it has happened to me in the past. Kept and eye on it and even though they had been infected they seemed to heal. Then Thursday afternoon i knew something was wrong and came into the ER. Been here since and will likely be here through Friday…..the road to recovery begins.
Yikes, get well soon

Spiders can sure be nasty. You'll make it!

Heal up, Larry. This too shall pass.

Now i have a picc line in and will be getting iv antibiotics at home for a month. So i probably wont be doing any training unfortunately.
Any idea on what it was, exactly? As a teenager I had a summer job at Memorial Park on the south side, I was mowing between bushes and had been bitten by a spider.. there was a red line going from the bite toward my armpit.. can't remember what the doc did but it was nowhere near what you're doing.

Any idea on what it was, exactly? As a teenager I had a summer job at Memorial Park on the south side, I was mowing between bushes and had been bitten by a spider.. there was a red line going from the bite toward my armpit.. can't remember what the doc did but it was nowhere near what you're doing.
It’s not the bite that caused all this, merely created an open wound for bacteria to infiltrate. The bursa sac under the elbow became infected and inflamed with the same bacteria that causes strep throat and impetigo. Just picked it up some where. It spread a bit from there and i was borderline Toxic Shock Syndrome.

It’s not the bite that caused all this, merely created an open wound for bacteria to infiltrate. The bursa sac under the elbow became infected and inflamed with the same bacteria that causes strep throat and impetigo. Just picked it up some where. It spread a bit from there and i was borderline Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Yikes, TSS is no joke. Glad you caught it soon enough.

Sounds pretty gnarly.. glad they're on top of it. Maybe dodged a bullet there..

Back
Top Bottom