all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

After being wise one day I decided to do back to back 40 min sessions. Wasn’t too bad though.
Today’s practice: 10/27/21
Serious endurance: w4d3
7 kneeling suitcase snatches, @26# EMOM for 38 minutes.
Felt as though i was overthinking things in this session.

Last edited:
10/28/21:
GTG pullups, trying to execute with perfect form and tension. Definitely feel better than when I’ve trained them in the past.
BU TGU @26# x3 each side

10/28/21:
GTG pullups, trying to execute with perfect form and tension. Definitely feel better than when I’ve trained them in the past.
BU TGU @26# x3 each side
It's amazing what purposeful, concentrated effort will do.. especially when injured, everything is magnified then it seems.

Ya, I’m trying to establish the path for rop right now. I’ve developed golfers elbow before doing rop so I’m going to try very much not to do that again.

Ya, I’m trying to establish the path for rop right now. I’ve developed golfers elbow before doing rop so I’m going to try very much not to do that again.
How's your cleans? They can be problematic if we're not careful..

I know…i honestly don’t know from kneeling. That’s what the testing werk is mostly going to be about once I’m done with al’s program. Going to test from kneeling and half kneeling. I’m feeling like cleans and presses are going to be better from half kneeling. Will give my back more support and still challenge my core stability. We’ll see, about two weeks away from that decision.

Today’s practice: 10/30/21
GTG pull-ups and BU TGU all morning as i got things done around the house/playing with the kids. Wife was at a local trail race….grrr missing running. Anyways she got home and i knocked out my easy 18 min EMOM of 7 kneeling suitcase snatches @26#.

Been really busy and decided not to sneak in a session last night. Been doing a lot of gtg pull ups and some bodyweight tgu.

@Bret S. I want your best pull up cues. I feel like I’m doing well but it’s always been my weak point. Anyone’s cues are welcome obviously.

Today’s practice:11/3/21
Serious endurance w5d2
7 kneeling suitcase snatches EMOM for 34 minutes.
Felt powerful and like i could keep on going. The extra days rest was good. Still got in a lot of pull-ups yesterday too.

Been really busy and decided not to sneak in a session last night. Been doing a lot of gtg pull ups and some bodyweight tgu.

@Bret S. I want your best pull up cues. I feel like I’m doing well but it’s always been my weak point. Anyone’s cues are welcome obviously.
Lose weight Haha.. funny but it works. Some say squeeze the bar, I'm not big on that, tennis elbow is something I don't get, and don't want to get.

One of the better ones I use is 'pull the bar down to you' rather than thinking of pulling yourself up. GTG'ing them will get you there for a base, then do some bigger sets on occasion. I like to think of my hands as strong hooks, and of course tension is your friend.
Changing to chins now and then is good, as well as using different grip widths, I don't do super wide grip anymore. Palms facing is another good one for building strength and protecting.

There are many other ques and strategies but this is my blue collar approach.. nothing beats consistency over the long haul, being a stubborn SOB makes you stronger provided you also use your noggin.

It is a good plan for all you want to accomplish, especially running. Have you looked at the Fighter Pullup Plan?
I have, I’m going to stick with gtg for the time being. Working on two good reps and so on before i look at a program.
Tbh, to cut that weight i just don’t have the time, money, or mental capacity to dedicate to it rn. When my kids are older and I’m out of school I’ll want to refocus. I do want to take a swing at kettlebell burn 2.0 since i got a copy of it. I know that has a nutrition plan/log in it.

I have, I’m going to stick with gtg for the time being. Working on two good reps and so on before i look at a program.
Tbh, to cut that weight i just don’t have the time, money, or mental capacity to dedicate to it rn. When my kids are older and I’m out of school I’ll want to refocus. I do want to take a swing at kettlebell burn 2.0 since i got a copy of it. I know that has a nutrition plan/log in it.
Yes, we all know weight gain or loss is primarily tied to fork reps, then exercise.

People I know who desired to lose weight and did it used a low carb, higher fat and protein overall scheme. I still use this 'plan' though slow burn carbs are still part of my overall diet.. not eating junk or processed goes a long way toward success.. a good rule is 'if it won't rot, don't eat it'.

If you call it a diet failure is inevitable, if you call it a nutrition lifestyle you can live that way without the temporary mental constraints of using a 'diet plan', that's merely a way to end it at some point and go back to 'normal'.

Just my philosophy on it.

I agree with that. Overall i eat pretty well. Problem is staying up to do homework/ lesson planning leads to poor late night snacking. I’m also a naturally thick/dense SOB. I feel it in my son as well, scale says my daughter weighs more, but i just don’t believe it.

I agree with that. Overall i eat pretty well. Problem is staying up to do homework/ lesson planning leads to poor late night snacking. I’m also a naturally thick/dense SOB. I feel it in my son as well, scale says my daughter weighs more, but i just don’t believe it.
One of my secret weapons is mixed nuts stirred into hummus, it's a healthy snack and keeps hunger down for at least 2 hours, even if I'm doing physical work, longer if not.
A couple others are cottage cheese and frozen blueberries with sliced banana, it's like dessert. Cheerios in kefir is pretty good and sometimes some buttered popcorn can be ok. I avoid any processed flour like the plague, also PUFA's in the form of vegetable oils. My main oils are coconut, olive and avocado.. never processed veg oils. I avoid sugar and sugar alcohols for the most part, keeping a sort of 'bland' diet. Bland doesn't mean not spicy, definitely love spicy food.
My carb choices are brown or jasmine rice, russet potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and anything based with buckwheat. I eat 4-5 eggs daily along with usually chicken, fish or seafood, usually avoid soy products. My girl doesn't eat pork or beef so I don't either, unless it's a pound of burger with eggs in the morning.. you can see my diet isn't sophisticated but it works for me.

I fast 16 hours a day eating late morning, then dinner at around 4-6 PM, we walk a mile after dinner, it's like magic in how it works.. seems to set the body using the food in the right way. We're in bed by 7-8 pm
and get up early, Susan leaves for work at 4 am. I try to sleep in more but it usually doesn't work, if my program has an Achilles heel it's sleep duration and quality I think. Buteyko breath practice ties it all together.

I could cut out some processed carbs and oils, but am not the worst. I’m not far off from you. Nuts n hummus sounds good. I love both of those.
The children make us have some unhealthy stuff from time to time. I fast, will get back to walking the dog more post dinner once the foot is healed. My wife loves fish so i get a lot of that. I’m getting her into some red meat too though. A lot of times I’ll make a big salmon or tuna one night and steak the next. She’ll have a lot of salmon leftovers while i eat most of the steak. Usually make a big goat cheese salad out of it or something. What is a PUFA (processed unsaturated fat a#@)? My bmi says i should be 180 or something, but i would be stoked if i got to and maintained 210 or something. Sorry, I’m obviously scatter brained and am always typing from a phone.

Last edited:

A couple that help me. Drive elbows to the ground while bending the bar.

Back
Top Bottom