all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 11-5/21
Serious endurance w5d3
7 kneeling suitcase snatches EMOM for 42 minutes. Found a new snap in my hinge today, was feeling tired, but stayed efficient and powerful.

I could cut out some processed carbs and oils, but am not the worst. I’m not far off from you. Nuts n hummus sounds good. I love both of those.
The children make us have some unhealthy stuff from time to time. I fast, will get back to walking the dog more post dinner once the foot is healed. My wife loves fish so i get a lot of that. I’m getting her into some red meat too though. A lot of times I’ll make a big salmon or tuna one night and steak the next. She’ll have a lot of salmon leftovers while i eat most of the steak. Usually make a big goat cheese salad out of it or something. What is a PUFA (processed unsaturated fat a#@)? My bmi says i should be 180 or something, but i would be stoked if i got to and maintained 210 or something. Sorry, I’m obviously scatter brained and am always typing from a phone.
Haha, no worries, I can't see the phone well enough without readers and it just irritates my eyes. PUFA is polyunsaturated fatty acids.
You run like the wind so obviously your body carries your weight well. That salmon and steak dinner is brilliant! I'd be eating mostly the steak too. :)

Additional practice: 11/7/21
3x(1,2,3) half kneeling press ladder
Pull ups are done between sets, not really in accordance with the presses. Going to be starting rop (today) and saving ballistics for “variety days. I will be following the VWC 15:15 MVO2 protocol. Looking forward to pushing things a bit harder moving forward. I think i need it.

Additional practice: 11/7/21
3x(1,2,3) half kneeling press ladder
Pull ups are done between sets, not really in accordance with the presses. Going to be starting rop (today) and saving ballistics for “variety days. I will be following the VWC 15:15 MVO2 protocol. Looking forward to pushing things a bit harder moving forward. I think i need it.
How did SE do for you? Anything noticeable?

Nothing crazy. I had a pretty good aerobic base built up. I think the biggest adaptations would be within the local muscles. Specifically, my front deltoids and triceps i feel have benefited the most. I have to emphasize that i am limited in my ROM for the snatch, and that i did not do any pre or post program testing.
The biggest improvements were definitely form, technique, and execution. Will be interesting to cut the rest times and take it to the next level with the 15:15 VWC protocol.

Nothing crazy. I had a pretty good aerobic base built up. I think the biggest adaptations would be within the local muscles. Specifically, my front deltoids and triceps i feel have benefited the most. I have to emphasize that i am limited in my ROM for the snatch, and that i did not do any pre or post program testing.
The biggest improvements were definitely form, technique, and execution. Will be interesting to cut the rest times and take it to the next level with the 15:15 VWC protocol.
I had a suspicion maybe shoulder ROM at the top improved? Seems being on knees would force you to take more time and keep the body erect at the top. When you get back on your feet you may see some weird things, hopefully good weird things..

I had a suspicion maybe shoulder ROM at the top improved? Seems being on knees would force you to take more time and keep the body erect at the top. When you get back on your feet you may see some weird things, hopefully good weird things..
I think there’s truth there. I’ve focused on really punching the lockout. I’m very aware if i do not get a proper lockout now.

Today’s practice: 11/8/21
VWC session 1
I’m going to do this go from half kneeling, change things up. Doing 7 half kneeling snatches @26# :15/15, work to rest. I made it up to 34 rounds but should have stopped sooner. Was doing terrible math whilst snatching and my ego got the better of me. Definitely a whole different beast doing 15:15, really lit a fire in me.
Rode a bike share bike to and from class today (10 miles total) and my foot is feeling pretty solid the past few days.

Today’s practice: 11/8/21
VWC session 1
I’m going to do this go from half kneeling, change things up. Doing 7 half kneeling snatches @26# :15/15, work to rest. I made it up to 34 rounds but should have stopped sooner. Was doing terrible math whilst snatching and my ego got the better of me. Definitely a whole different beast doing 15:15, really lit a fire in me.
Rode a bike share bike to and from class today (10 miles total) and my foot is feeling pretty solid the past few days.
Beware fatigue creep, it's real and sneaks up on you after some time. That protocol really lights the body up!

Ya, i did not mean to go that many rounds. I’m grateful that ROP was the easy day today.

Today’s practice: 11/9/21
ROP light day 3x(1) half kneeling presses @55#
1 pull up between sets.
Getting better at the half kneeling ballistics already. Seems like a much more torso focused movement from here.
Got it done during a weekly staff meeting and getting myself and the kids ready for school. God bless zoom!

Ya, i did not mean to go that many rounds. I’m grateful that ROP was the easy day today.

Today’s practice: 11/9/21
ROP light day 3x(1) half kneeling presses @55#
1 pull up between sets.
Getting better at the half kneeling ballistics already. Seems like a much more torso focused movement from here.
Got it done during a weekly staff meeting and getting myself and the kids ready for school. God bless zoom!
I think the vwc program with 2 strength sessions and 2 vwc sessions is perfect.

I have also thought of doing the ROP with the vwc session on the Light day and another as extra day. But also thought late of on heavy and medium day usevthe a+a protocol instead of swings. Too many ideas in my mind haha.

Now check if your reply to Brett is finally liked as it did not work so far. Waiting more than 2 minutes already.

I’m taking an every other day approach as of right now. Will reassess when volume builds up. ROP/pressing is going to be the focus, VWC will be conditioning/secondary. So if i need a day off i will skip a vwc.

I’m taking an every other day approach as of right now. Will reassess when volume builds up. ROP/pressing is going to be the focus, VWC will be conditioning/secondary. So if i need a day off i will skip a vwc.
Smart choice

Today’s practice: 11/10/21
VWC; 12 minutes (24 rounds) of 7 half kneeling snatches @ 26#, 15:15.
Working on getting some leg curls in with my resistance bands as well. Burns pretty good actually.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 11/12/21
ROP heavy day
3x(1,2,3,4) half kneeling c&p @55#
Did pull-ups to go with em but dod not match numbers. Two max.
Did medium yesterday, but am heading to Detroit for a wedding tomorrow and don’t wanna miss my chance to get it in. It was a bit challenging in the last rung.

Today’s practice: 11/12/21
ROP heavy day
3x(1,2,3,4) half kneeling c&p @55#
Did pull-ups to go with em but dod not match numbers. Two max.
Did medium yesterday, but am heading to Detroit for a wedding tomorrow and don’t wanna miss my chance to get it in. It was a bit challenging in the last rung.
Are you still on crutches Larry?

Negative, i moved on to a cane, and now just walking. Have gone without the boot a few times but i get sore after a while. Had an xray friday and doc says it’s healing up and nice and to play it safe in the boot for a couple more weeks. Hopefully the final visit will be in 4 weeks.

Negative, i moved on to a cane, and now just walking. Have gone without the boot a few times but i get sore after a while. Had an xray friday and doc says it’s healing up and nice and to play it safe in the boot for a couple more weeks. Hopefully the final visit will be in 4 weeks.
Great to hear man!

Back
Top Bottom