all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Sunday’s practice: 6/10/21; easy 3 mile run.
Yesterday’s Practice: 6/11/21; A+A snatches, 5 rep rounds 40 per side.
Today’s Practice: 6/12/21; 7 mile tun with the wifey back in my hometown. She pushed my pace and my hr kept up pretty well. I am pleased.

I then had to put on my teacher’s pants and break up a fight between two young men at a local Chicago high school’s soccer field. Totally ruined my my low hr and spiked my adrenaline but was proud of myself for successfully intervening and mediating!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions :) I grew up in Chicago South side, glad I left ?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions :) I grew up in Chicago South side, glad I left ?
Lol, i live in a much nicer neighborhood. This was at lane tech up north. We plan on moving to Memphis in the next several years though tbh.

Today’s practice: 11.25 mi run; 10 miles total biking throughout the day. Mostly hauling the kida in the cargo bike to the beach. Saw a physio today about my lower right extremity in total. I’m very toght in my hips and it’s effecting the whole chain.
prescribed:
Cobra with no lower body activation just to compress the spine in extension.
tri plane lunges; addressing rotations in all three planes for the hip in the half kneeling/lunge
Side plank abduction-these are hard...addressing my weak glutes medius.

Today’s Practice: 6/19/21
Mobility practice gtg
Cobra with no lower body activation just to compress the spine in extension.
tri plane lunges; addressing rotations in all three planes for the hip in the half kneeling/lunge

Half kneeling presses worked in with all of this.
6 sets of 6 half kneeling presses with the 24k on each side.

Today’s practice: 11.25 mi run; 10 miles total biking throughout the day.
If you can do this..
Then your glutes ain't all that weak! :)
Half kneeling presses worked in with all of this.
6 sets of 6 half kneeling presses with the 24k on each side.
Strong work here, those aren't easy!

If you can do this..

Then your glutes ain't all that weak! :)

Strong work here, those aren't easy!
Lol, i think it’s my glut medius and minimus that I’ll be focusing on. I’m very tight in my hips and it’s starting to effect my knee and ankle on the right side. I’m unable yo keep my leg internally rotated properly and tend to externally rotate on the right in all aspects of my ballistics.

Yesterday’s practice: 6/20/21
Gtg hip mobility
2h “athletic” side step swings, 5 rounds of 10 reps

I’m thinking this will address footwork and abduction at the same time.
tgu@24k1x5
Mixed in some a+a snatches.
All of this is maintenance and mental sanity work during marathon training. The switch from kb to logging more miles on the feet is really taking it out of me tbh, was very tired all weekend.

Yesterday’s practice: 6/20/21
Gtg hip mobility
2h “athletic” side step swings, 5 rounds of 10 reps

I’m thinking this will address footwork and abduction at the same time.
tgu@24k1x5
Mixed in some a+a snatches.
All of this is maintenance and mental sanity work during marathon training. The switch from kb to logging more miles on the feet is really taking it out of me tbh, was very tired all weekend.
I did some side step work with a strong band for awhile placed slightly above the knee, it seemed to help a lot. Your method sounds good too.. I've seen people do swings while bouncing forearms off the band for resistance.. seemed like a good idea if you do it right, though I never tried it. I did some squatting with the same band as well, it strengthened me through the squat ROM. Many ways to slice and dice it I suppose.

I did some side step work with a strong band for awhile placed slightly above the knee, it seemed to help a lot. Your method sounds good too.. I've seen people do swings while bouncing forearms off the band for resistance.. seemed like a good idea if you do it right, though I never tried it. I did some squatting with the same band as well, it strengthened me through the squat ROM. Many ways to slice and dice it I suppose.
My wife has had em laying around for almost a year and i gave em a go last weekend. I do like it. Fhrew one in my backpack today in case i ever have an actual free moment. I try to make my mobility/therapy practice gtg and able to do anywhere. I’m a dad of three you g ones and a teacher so i try to work it in when able. I treat my galfwrs elbow with pronation and supination with a big broom and you even inspired me to try fake shield casts with it. It’s bot a light broom so it at least puts it through the rom.

Yesterday’s practice: 6/21/21
3.5 mile easy run with my dog, she hasn’t been in a while and was really good!

Today’s practice: 6/22/21
6.5 mile run, easing into speed.
1 mile wu
4x400m @5k and 400m easy
Followed by:
4x800m @5k and 400m easy.

My wife has had em laying around for almost a year and i gave em a go last weekend. I do like it. Fhrew one in my backpack today in case i ever have an actual free moment. I try to make my mobility/therapy practice gtg and able to do anywhere. I’m a dad of three you g ones and a teacher so i try to work it in when able. I treat my galfwrs elbow with pronation and supination with a big broom and you even inspired me to try fake shield casts with it. It’s bot a light broom so it at least puts it through the rom.
Sounds good! Have you tried Thera-Flex Bar's for the golfers elbow? I have a red and a green one.. don't need them often though. They're easy to transport and use whenever you have a moment or two. If you try it stick with the smaller one at first, it's not about power and it really works well.

Sounds good! Have you tried Thera-Flex Bar's for the golfers elbow? I have a red and a green one.. don't need them often though. They're easy to transport and use whenever you have a moment or two. If you try it stick with the smaller one at first, it's not about power and it really works well.
I’ve never used one but heard good things. I might need it post marathon for the c&p programs.

Today’s Practice: Road trip!
Brought my ol’ 20k along for fun. Started off bringing stuff down to the van and doing sets of 5 snatches on each side as i did.
Then a few hours down the road, i did a fun practice of spinning bell tricks (idk what this is called) had a big open field that my family and i had a picnic in so i thought I’d use the opportunity. These moves are really hard, the eccentric force in the way down is unreal. Need the 16k for sure.
Did more snatches at other pit stops and have successfully done snatches in all 4 states thus far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom