all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 4/11/22 (Pops’ Birthday)
OS resets and Flexible Steel with my PK 4 crew.
Working on some jump rope stuff again too during recess duties. My calves have been a bit sore during runs and plantar fasciitis is acting up. Hoping the jumping rope will strengthen the feet a bit?
Warm up; 3 circuit’s of
Hurdle step x5@20lb
Gsq x5 @ 32k
Towel hangs
1/1 tgu @32k, not part of the circuit.
QnD 044, 4 rounds @20k

Today’s practice: 4/12/22
5.3 mile run/walk to class; run 4 walk 1 x 13.

9B670C53-7A9E-463B-9B86-D8169A858F42.png

First run with the new polar h10. Was hoping my true heart rate would be a bit lower, but definitely better than the wrist/optical one was showing.
An hour or so of tennis skills and gameplay.
Prolly should have biked back, but it was so dang beautiful out today so I did some Continuous (till the end) LISS running on the way home.

7A29E4F2-727B-400A-922C-3E6A3899B270.png

Was able to keep it mostly right at MAF. The confidence behind the H10 makes me follow the hr and slow down much better. I’m excited!

Last edited:
Today’s Practice: 4/13/22
OS resets with my PK 4 crew

Double Kettlebell Warm Up circuit x 3, with 41# and 45# bells:
Dbclx5
Dbfsqx5
Dbmpx5
I want to start working on my double bell skills. I want to start running some of Neupert’s programs and figured I’d change up the warm up routine. Going to need to finally pull the trigger and get some 10# plates to up my adjustable KB versatility. I figure if I can get it up to 24k I’d be golden. It’d be super cool if i could load it to 28k but idk. Pay a visit to play it again sports this weekend maybe.

QnD 044 6 rounds @20k.
This session was amazing! Really started getting in sync with my double breathing. One of those sessions you finish feeling like a beast!!

Today’s practice: 4/14/22
5.5 mile run to class
05082BA5-429D-4901-942A-4A8544D482B8.png
1 hour, Learning and practicing racquetball, pretty fun.
4.2 mile run home
200B73BE-50E0-4864-A049-81809461BE2D.png
HR was perfect today! All continuous running, now that I have an accurate reading I don’t feel the need to walk and let my HR drop. Am able to keep it hovering right around MAF. Used the metronome feature on my watch today as well to start to work on cadence.

Today’s practice: 4/14/22
5.5 mile run to class
View attachment 17081
1 hour, Learning and practicing racquetball, pretty fun.
4.2 mile run home
View attachment 17082
HR was perfect today! All continuous running, now that I have an accurate reading I don’t feel the need to walk and let my HR drop. Am able to keep it hovering right around MAF. Used the metronome feature on my watch today as well to start to work on cadence.
Great day!

Yes! My legs feel great too! I feel as though I’ve really found my “niko niko pace”.
Running near 10 miles with racquetball in one day takes some seriously strong leg action. Finding the right pace and style took me awhile, it's great when you hit on something that works really well.

I'm curious to hear whether you get some recovery fallout from the long day.

Running near 10 miles with racquetball in one day takes some seriously strong leg action. Finding the right pace and style took me awhile, it's great when you hit on something that works really well.

I'm curious to hear whether you get some recovery fallout from the long day.
So far so good, we’ll see how today’s QnD session goes. Racquetball was more learning and getting the feel for it. Fairly low intensity. I have been getting some plantar fasciitis in my right heel tbh, but I’ve been hotting it and the rest of my body with the theragun.

Last edited:
I’ve had it off an on when I up my milage. It’s always been pretty manageable, actually feels better the past couple of days than it has in a couple of weeks. Another thing that seems to help is wearing minimalist shoes more as my every day shoes.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 4/15/22
DKB WU; done as a complex x3 (strapped on the ankle weights to the adjustable and made it 20k/20k)
Dclnx3
Dfsqx5
Dmpx3
Tgu 1/1 @20k, not part of the complex

QnD 044, 4 rounds @20k
Still feeling pretty darn good!

Today’s practice: 4/18/22
Get up to a quick OS reset/mobility routine (off work today).
Quick DKB WU complex of;
3 DCLN, 5DFSQ, 3 DMP @20k/20k
6 rounds of QnD 044 snatches @20k
Off the the Shedd Aquarium with the fam!

Today’s practice: 4/20/22
4 mile round trip bike ride to the podiatrist to get an ingrown toenail removed, and talk about removing the second toenail in the near future. I developed a fungus/messed up toe a decade ago doing years of landscaping and construction work. Was never a big deal until I started running long distance and now I just want it gone. Grows more up and back than out, it can suck. I think I’ll bike to an from school tomorrow as well to give the toe a little time to heal, he took a big chunk out!
4DF0D6AD-B9CC-4843-B84C-E0B62E2350B3.jpeg
WU DKB complex x3:
3DCL
5DFSQ
3DMP

QnD 044, 4 rounds @20k

Accidentally did an extra set on this one

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 4/21/23
10 mile bike ride to class at MAF (first time using the chest strap on the bike optical sensor was always way low in the past when cycling)
8.25 mile ride home at MAF
E24CB6CE-68AE-4702-A432-604E0B551BDB.jpeg

Today’s practice: 4/22/22
Picked up an extra shift but still had to go let the dog out and figured I’d attempt the snatch test in honor of all those at the dome this weekend. Figured it would set a good baseline for me as well to build off of. Not terrible results, cadence and breathing was ok. My big takeaways/self assessment is that i need a deeper hinge and now that i think about it more, a better cadence. Quicker fast and loose breaks. About 85 reps, taste of blood in the throat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom