all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Today’s practice: 9/18/23
1 mile run to a mens breakfast at the church (where i was the weirdo not eating cuz i had a ling run to go on). After that i did 10.25 continuous. Beautiful day, much cooler especially on the water.
ACE28469-D152-4D35-B373-C04AC06DF7AC.png

Today’s practice: 6/19/22
Couple of family walks, then later in the afternoon I started prepping/practicing for the BJJ C&J program.
Followed the suggested practice: all @28k and L/R
TGU 3/3 with some pauses and hip stretching.
Rib grab/bretzel
CLN 3x5
LPP 3x3
CLN 2x5
PP 5x3
Pull up pyramid 1-2-3-2-1
Chin up pyramid 1-2-3-2-1
Played with the ab wheel a bit too

Yesterday’s practice: 6/23/22
All @28k tgu 1/1 one round then 2 in a row each side in the next round.
3x5 CLN
3x3 LPP
2x5 CLN
5x3 PP
I like this practice the pp is a pretty novel exercise for me and I’m getting acclimated with my 28k.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 9/24/22
Squeezed in a nigh cap run between all the madness and packing. Hitting the road early in the morning; ocean bound. Hopi g to make it to Asheville and get dinner and a room.
8 miles along the river on a beautiful chicago summer night, saw a lot of cool birds (night heron, blue heron, king fisher, and a peregrine falcon) I’ve been missing this route.
A426C240-C3BD-4329-81E0-4459A4E59187.pngC9BDA4E7-9A54-480A-86A4-3C6F98C01E6A.jpeg

Larry, does your wife run in a targeted HR zone? I ask because you move pretty fast too.. I think?
She does not. She actually makes fun of me for it (mostly out of love). She’s been distance running since high school and is pretty good at going off feel. I am tempted to send her out with my chest strap one day. She has a very low (low 40’s to upper 30’s) RHR.

She does not. She actually makes fun of me for it (mostly out of love). She’s been distance running since high school and is pretty good at going off feel. I am tempted to send her out with my chest strap one day. She has a very low (low 40’s to upper 30’s) RHR.
You should, it would be interesting to see where she lands. After my Buteyko session yesterday pulse was down to 42, it's the lowest I've seen yet and all due to running and breath work. I believe I'm in as good cardio shape as any time I can remember, and my program is easy.. feels like cheating... haha

You should, it would be interesting to see where she lands. After my Buteyko session yesterday pulse was down to 42, it's the lowest I've seen yet and all due to running and breath work. I believe I'm in as good cardio shape as any time I can remember, and my program is easy.. feels like cheating... haha
I lapsed on my Buteyko and breathing practices for a while, but i was doing a lot of them in the pool with the kids all week. I wasn’t timing them but i felt like my time to being “uncomfortable” had at least doubled.

Today’s practice: 7/2/22
WU: 2 rounds of;
8x hurdle raises @20#
5 SLDL @28k
1/1 TGU @28k
Long cycle prep/regressions all @28k and L/R
3x5 CLN
3x3LPP
2x5 CLN
5x3 PP
1x5 LCC&J @28k
1x5 LCC&J @ 32k (testing the waters, felt decent but i think 28k is good for now)

Today’s practice7/5/22 (back to reality/work/starting a second summer class…)
WU: 3 rds of;
SLDL x5 @28k
Hurdle raises x8 @20#
Chin up hang/leg raise/chin up
TGU @28k x3/3

Long cycle training phase 2, all @28k and L/R
CLN 2x5
LPP 1x3
PP 1x3
Jerk 5x3
Long cycle 5x3

Last edited: