all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Yesterday’s practice: 7/10/22
Mostly an off day but went to q kids themed rock climbing place with a bunch of climbing walls and high ropes course. ‘Twas fun.
Today’s practice: 7/11/22
Quick jumprope session in the am
3 mile run with the little doggie in the pm. Another gps malfunction in the first mile. Took my pace way down to walking pace for a minute there.
43465BB0-28B0-47DF-8FA5-2DBFF870CF50.png

Today’s practice 7/13/22
Makeup for yesterday’s missed lifting.

WU; 3 rounds of:
8 hurdle raises @ 20#
Chin ups w/hangs n leg raises x2/3/2
TGU L/R @28k w/ hip stretch

Not sure if the increased mileage or lack of this routine has my hips a bit grumpy. Regardless, they feel much better than they have in the past. I feel that my improved form with running, s&c, and focus on lower intensity (with running) has me feeling great.

Long cycle practice: all @28k and L/R
CLN 2x5
LPP 1x3
PP 1x3
Jerk 5x3
Long cycle 5x3
Starting to feel competent in all of this. Didn’t think I would need this much time learning it, but it’s a great practice. No wonder, cuz it was put together by Pavel. Straight out of the BJJ handbook.

If you click on it it should blow up, i ran 14 last week it’s a cutback week rn. Kept at MAF (145) and was just over a ten minute pace. The aerobic base training is really paying off. I’m just trying to pick up the pace a bit now since i want a sub 4 hour marathon.

Last edited:
If you click on it it should blow up, i ran 14 last week it’s a cutback week rn. Kept at MAF (145) and was just over a ten minute pace. The aerobic base training is really paying off. I’m just trying to pick up the pace a bit now since i want a sub 4 hour marathon.
Great stuff man! You're a far more advanced, strong runner than I.. :)

Today’s practice: 7/16/22
Almost a 7 mile run. Back to coaching soccer, the fam drove and my son spotted me running by with a 1/4 mile left. He wouldn’t let me go after that. Pace and cadence are moving on up! I need to not get sucked into the speed trap though. Gotta make sure to keep base runs “easy”.
Here’s a big pic for Brets old eyes .
271283F5-4682-4852-9F76-FF5E7126F228.png

Today’s practice: 7/16/22
Almost a 7 mile run. Back to coaching soccer, the fam drove and my son spotted me running by with a 1/4 mile left. He wouldn’t let me go after that. Pace and cadence are moving on up! I need to not get sucked into the speed trap though. Gotta make sure to keep base runs “easy”.
Here’s a big pic for Brets old eyes .
View attachment 18418
You're a beast my man! 10 miles, then 7 more on back to back days is crazy good. You're right on avoiding the speed trap I think, do you have a template you're going by, or is it more ad-hoc?

Thanks for helping the visually challenged, much better :D

You're a beast my man! 10 miles, then 7 more on back to back days is crazy good. You're right on avoiding the speed trap I think, do you have a template you're going by, or is it more ad-hoc?

Thanks for helping the visually challenged, much better :D
Lol, ty and I’m just playing. Im following a higher mileage plan (intermediate 2 i think) Hal Higdon plan via an app called “ run with hal) i miss some days and swap some days around. I was supposed to run 7 yesterday and 10 today and i missed a 3 miler at some point i think. I’m feeling pretty darn good too. My school and work load are really piling up though and things are getting tight. I had previously wanted to do 2 days a week of strength but i may need to settle for one.

Lol, ty and I’m just playing. Im following a higher mileage plan (intermediate 2 i think) Hal Higdon plan via an app called “ run with hal) i miss some days and swap some days around. I was supposed to run 7 yesterday and 10 today and i missed a 3 miler at some point i think. I’m feeling pretty darn good too. My school and work load are really piling up though and things are getting tight. I had previously wanted to do 2 days a week of strength but i may need to settle for one.
Thanks Larry, Hal likes to run a lot of miles :).. please don't forget, running IS strength training for the entire body, nothing can replicate or replace it AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom