all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

@Bret S.
Still on the road so i just have my 20k. Was following Brett Jones strength aerobics, so it’s like a+a. Complex was; clean, to press, to squat, to snatch, set it down, shake it out. That’s one round, then switch to the other side. Was rolling dice between that, s&s, or q&d. Then i rolled for difficulty of complex (easier would have been no snatch, harder would include one pull-up at the end) then i rolled for total rounds with 60 rounds being the high end and 20 the low. Was a good time, really got in the zone in the higher rounds, kinda like the runners high/when you’re in the zone on a long run, meditative like.

Today’s practice: 13 mile run through the woods. Ran with wifey and she started pushing the pace on me. So hr was not ideal , but figured it was a good day to test the waters. Hills were tough, but felt fine otherwise. Prolly do some mobility and maybe mess around with my father in laws pig iron barbell set. Happy 4th!

@Bret S.
Still on the road so i just have my 20k. Was following Brett Jones strength aerobics, so it’s like a+a. Complex was; clean, to press, to squat, to snatch, set it down, shake it out. That’s one round, then switch to the other side. Was rolling dice between that, s&s, or q&d. Then i rolled for difficulty of complex (easier would have been no snatch, harder would include one pull-up at the end) then i rolled for total rounds with 60 rounds being the high end and 20 the low. Was a good time, really got in the zone in the higher rounds, kinda like the runners high/when you’re in the zone on a long run, meditative like.
Very good! I know what you mean about the zone, burpees for a longer session feel that way and extended A&A snatch sessions can also do it.

Today’s practice: morning mobility outside, followed by a few round of “athletic swing drills” basically step to the side, or forward while the bell is floating. Worked in some rotational uppercuts to waiters carry, have had tight hips and this just felt right this am. Lots of carries throughout the day playing in the back with the kids too.
Got an afternoon a+a snatch session in too after the pool and while still watching the littles swim. Mimicked hector gutierez’s snatch/walk protocol. Basically do walking in between snatches. 10x10 for 100 total at 20k.

Today’s Practice: 6.4 mile run, nice and easy until me and my small dog came across a coyote. Tried to walk off cool and calm in the other direction, but the next thing i knew it was calling it’s pack and running up on us. Bold move for a Chicago coyote, was on a river near green spaces, they seemed to be down at the river, maybe getting a drink, hunting fowl, idk…we sprinted off across a field to a nearby road and were fine. Hr was really nice and steady besides that coyote part.

Today’s Practice: 6.4 mile run, nice and easy until me and my small dog came across a coyote. Tried to walk off cool and calm in the other direction, but the next thing i knew it was calling it’s pack and running up on us. Bold move for a Chicago coyote, was on a river near green spaces, they seemed to be down at the river, maybe getting a drink, hunting fowl, idk…we sprinted off across a field to a nearby road and were fine. Hr was really nice and steady besides that coyote part.
That's unusual, they must've been really hungry

The one i got a good look at did appear to be pretty bare. I think my dog looked like an easy supper (she pretty much is).
Scary stuff when predators organize to take out your dog, it could be us if they were bigger ?

Today’s practice:
Windy City Ninjas (indoor ninja warrior park)
Was super cool, got to try all sorts of challenges I’ve always wanted to and performed quite well. I attribute a lot of it to my kettlebell training.
Also my first day coaching my younger two’s pee wee soccer team, it will be interesting….

Yesterday’s Practice: 7/11/21 Rockport 1 mile walk test to determine VO2 max. Was pretty accurate, gave me the same score (46 ml/kg/min) as my Garmin.
Went to do some snatches before bed (24k) and i could tell in the very first rep that it wasn’t going to happen.was still sore from the ninja warrior gym. Decided to just do some basic drills and mess around for a bit, helped me feel better.
Today’s practice: 7/12/21

os resets with my summer camp kids
Then while they were on the playground for an hour i worked in a reverse burpee ladder (10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) with naked get ups (L/R) in between rounds. Took a pause to stretch my hips and ankles to n the half kneeling. Hips haven’t felt this good in a while, will remember this one.

7 mile run to finish off the day

Last edited:
Today’s practice: kettlebell mile w/ 55#, in 13:45 in the am, made it my commute to work, then did a quick n easy s&s before i went home.
2h sw x10@ 55# in 10 min
tgu 5/5 @ 55# in 10 min
All the kids at camp wanted to try and lift my bell!
I had them do some cool mobility/yoga today, then finished the day with some cool exercise /brain break youtube videos. Made a cool floor is lava game out of mats too to get all the way across the gym and climb a small climbing wall to the finish. We were stuck i side due to rain, hence all the i door stuff.

Back
Top Bottom