Bpm: 139
Gtg hangs/pull-ups throughout the afternoon

Today’s practice: 9/6/22
6 mile fartlek to class
Pace: 9:53
Bpm: 145
800m tempo after to ride share bike
4.5 mile ride home

First day of pe classes for the new school year!

Today’s practice: 9/10/22
1/2 marathon race with the wifey (she beat me this time…)
1:54 finish
Pace: 8:38
Hr: 167
Ran a smart race but prolly could have started out faster but was considering it as part of my training and not the goal race. Hat one with rolling hills on crushed limestone. Finish was on a horse race track. Fun race.

That's a pretty low HR considering pace and your age, it puts you firmly in the 'elite' category.
Thank you! The aerobic base training definitely worked out. It was nice to pick people off one by one for the entire sencond half of the half marathon Saturday. Now I’m trying to up the intensity/speed. Should have been doing more of that but have been a bit burnt out tbh. Looking forward to a winter full of lifting and moderate running.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 9/14/22
Some tgu/partial tgu @32k and hangs as warm up (inbetween flippin flap jacks)

17:00 of C+J+C every :30. Could have gone a bit longer but was strapped for time and stopped at the very first sign of power drop off.

Thank you! The aerobic base training definitely worked out. It was nice to pick people off one by one for the entire sencond half of the half marathon Saturday. Now I’m trying to up the intensity/speed. Should have been doing more of that but have been a bit burnt out tbh. Looking forward to a winter full of lifting and moderate running.
I don't know much about high intensity run programs, seems the one you did this summer was a pusher toward some limits so it makes sense you're a little burnt. Can you mix lower intensity running as a recovery run percentage?
I was talking to a friend about VWC and how I hit a wall when the weather heated up, I was doing quite a bit of red zone work. He thinks I would have fared better with much more LED work as a recovery mechanism. He has used the method successfully recently using slow running along with some rowing, so I thought I'd mention it.

Past several practices:
10/1/22
9 mile run
pace: 9:43
Hr: 143
10/3/22
Jumprope workout
1 mile shakeout run with the dog in the evening
10/4/22
Jumprope/pushup workout
10/6/22
4 mile run with the wifey