Today’s practice: 11/23/22
Shoulder smoker W6D2
6 rounds of this complex:
6 DSN
6 DFSQ
6 DMP
1 min on 1:30 rest
Felt good. Last round was tough.
Headed to Detroit with the kiddos. See how well i do on the final day of this after thanksgiving…

Last several day’s practice: 11/24-25
Chores on the homestead, feeding horses, throwing and stacking wood, hay, grain etc. helping prep for thanksgiving. Took a family hike in the woods.
11/26
W6D3 of the shoulder smoker
6 rounds of this complex:
6DCL
6DMP
6DFSQ
6DSN
6DPP

Certainly a tough session, really didn’t think i had all 6 rounds in me. Was very pleased with my work capacity improvements. Big pump out of that too. Wish i had done before and after measurements. Still don’t have my eating perfectly dialed in so i don't think body comp is that much better but arms and back have certainly grown.

Today’s practice: 11/28/22
Kettlebell Maximorum beta test W1D1

Don’t want to give away the exact program but I’ll lay out the ideas. 4 day a week program alternating between A+A single arm snatch day (10RM) and and a clean and press/front squat day (5RM). Auto regulation in 20-30 min sessions. Progressing to higher rep ladders over the weeks. I’ll be using the 28k for snatching (pretty true 10rm) and an offset 24/28k for my double clean and press/front squats (this is around a 7rm).

Anyways, today’s A+A snatches came to 42 reps each side in 20 minutes @28k.

Body measurements:
12%bf according to the 3 reads i took. I should likely do the 7 site reading cuz I’m heavy rn.
More measurements to come, cant find my pad so this is a place holder for now.

Chest skin fold: 8mm
Abdominal: 16mm
Thigh: 16mm
Shoulder circumference- 48.5in
Forearm-13.5
Arms-16 in
Chest- 42.5
Waist- 39.5in
Thigh- 27in
Hips-43in

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 12/02/22
KB Maximorum W1D4
DCP 22 NL
DFSQ 22 NL
In 20:00 @ 24/28k
Cleaning up my form a bit this week. Have to focus much more to keep proper form at this weight. Was starting to hit my groove with the CnP.

Weekend practice:
Lots of time with the kiddos (gymnastics and soccer). I’m head coach of my sons team and assistant on my daughters. 3-4 miles of waking on Sunday with the family. Not much else

Today’s practice:
KB Maximorum W2D1 playground warmup with my PK crew.
Lunch time Snatch session;
102 NL @28k in around 21:00
Felt much easier today, form is getting dialed in so efficiency is as well.
18 rep, 21% increase from last week. Only two reps off from last weeks heavy session.

Today’s practice: 12/6/22
Flexible steel based warm up
KB Maximorum W2D2
DCP and DFSQ ladders
21NL for each in 22:000
Only two off from heavy day last week.
46% increase from this day last week.
19NL in 20:00
@24/28K
It would have been pretty foolish to go with the strong legs reps for squats.
It came to my attention that i did not have the moat updated version of the program and cnp/squat days should be 30 min. Did an extra 8 min (9NL each) bringing my new total to 30NL.

Last edited:
Today’s practice:
KB Maximorum W2D5; DCP + DFSQ day. I had misread the program (because i had an old unupdated copy) and had not been doing enough time for the grind days. So earlier number are skewed due to less time.
33 NL for each lift, last set was done without setting the bells down cuz i had run out of time…chasing numbers again. Kept it well regulated throughout though.
33 NL each @24/28k in 30min

Last edited:
Weekend practice:
Fri: 12/9 tons of walking and dancing out on the town with the wife.
Sat:12/10
Recovery and coaching soccer with the kiddos
Sun12/11 rest

Today’s practice 12/12/22
Super joint/locomotor skill warm up with my PK crew. 30 mins of being the only male teacher and put away ancient steel tables and chairs.

W3D1 of KB Maximorum (snatch day a+a)
104 reps in 20 min @28k.

Today’s practice: 12/13/22

Couldn’t get it in this am so i had to put it off (i like midday anyway).

SJ mobility and stretching with my PE classes, as well as some locomotor skill warm ups. (Running, skipping, shuffle, gallop, one legged hop, jumping, etc.) Got my session in during my prep hour.

KB Maximorum W3D2, DCnP+DFSQ day
32NL for each in 30:00 @24/28k. Lower part of ladders felt easy, upper end felt tough but good.

Yesterday’s practice: 12/14/22

Off day with lots of mobility and a locomotor movement session with my pe classes.

Today’s practice 12/15/22
Walked my 28k to work (3 blocks plus 4 flights of stairs.)

Mobility/stretching and locomotor skills with my PE classes.

W3D4 of KB Maximorum
Snatch day @28k
108NL in 20:00
higher side of the ladder was tough today

Last edited:
I also haven’t had a good form check in a while. Wanted to see what y’all had to say.

Looks pretty good Larry! (y)

If you want a nitpick, your head/neck look like they're sticking forward, and that could just be from over-tensing on your lift. Relax a little at the top, take your time to enjoy the float after the hip snap. Not really a "technique criteria," just a general comment. Like I said - nit pick! It looks good. :)

Back
Top Bottom