all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Weekend practice:
Some gtg tgu @32k with gtg hangs/chin n pull-ups, gtg ab wheel.
Coached some soccer games, walked some miles with the kids.
Today’s practice: 1/9/22
Back to work/school! Happy to be back with my students and out of the house. I kept busy and got stuff done over break but i can be lazy and indulgent when left to my own devices. So, happy to be back. I think all my kids are happy to be back too.
Trained during lunch, fasted. Going to be trying out a very small eating window in the evening for the rest of the month.
Kick off of phase 2 of KB Maximorum
W7D1 cnp/fsq day
45 reps for each lift at 24/28k in 30:00
New high for cnp/fsp, felt strong today. Rpe was getting a bit higher towards the end.

Program/progress review
W4NL= 362
W5 NL=372
W6NL=370 this could have been better but Monday’s snatch session was low.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 1/10/22
Couple of miles of walking before KB Maximorum W7D2 snatch day.
120 total reps @28k in 20:00. Felt strong and explosive at first. Really focussing on “jumping out of the snatch pulling back and glueing my elbow to my ribs. Hands were slippery as hell today though. Right side held up, left side was falling off in the later half.
Teaching PE classes in the afternoon.

Yesterday’s practice:1/11/23
2 mile run with the pup on lunch. First mile warm up, second mile i pushed it a bit.

Today’s practice: 1/12/23
KB Maximorum W7D4
Cnp/fsq day
45 reps for each lift @24/28k in 30:00
Played some soccer with my pe classes later.

Today’s practice: 1/13/23
General warm up and mobility
KB Maximorum W7D5 snatch day
I always set an endless timer and know where i have to stop. But i was so in the zone today that I totally forgot and snatched on till 27:00 when i realized it (i knew the numbers were too good to be true). So i got 144 reps in 27:00 @28k. Prolly somewhere between 120-130 at 20:00 cant be sure. Felt on point today regardless. Technique and snappiness were on!

Today’s practice: 1/16/22
Mile walk with the eldest and the pup, flexible steel routine with some hangs and hip stretches.
KB Maximorum W8D1 cnp/fsq day
Messed up a count/ladder there at some point, but i think i corrected it. Count could be slightly off though.
48 total reps for each lift. RPE was high today( 9).

Today’s practice: 1/17/23
First day back at university and i have been spoiled not having to go. Back to reality…
That also means that i have to squeeze in my training and balance it with commuting to school (i refuse to drive, i will always run or bike). So i dropped off my kids at school and got in a snatch session.
KB Maximorum W8D2
108 snatches at 28k in 20:00
Knew i had to run after and really wasn’t feeling fresh so i decided to just take it easy.

4.3 mile run post snatch session at a grueling 12:30 pace, 154 avg hr (busted out the ol chest strap).

4.7 mile ride home after an hour or so break. 130bpm

Combined pe classes in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Today’s practice: 1/19/22
AM session 1
KB Maximorum W8D4 cnp/fsq day
44 reps for each lift in 30:00 @24/28k.
Didn’t push it since i know i have a 4-5 mile run in a couple of hours and a bike ride to work afterwards. Will update those later.
Notes from session would be that rpe was still pretty high on the big rungs, low rungs felt easy. Biggest thing would be the discrepancy im starting to feel between the 24 and 28k. The 24 is really starting to fly up on both the clean and press. Almost makes it harder because i have to recalibrate/balance out.

Am practice continued:
2 mile run at an 11 min pace.
Took the easy way put cuz my wife was headed to the store and she dropped me pff a bit more than halfway.
5 mile bike ride incoming later.
Only update is that it rained the whole time, fitting for the day. This semester is going to be hairy…

Last edited:
Weekend practice:
Lots of coaching on Saturday leading into the wife’s birthday (cheat day/ hangover). I was going to move my training up a day to Sunday to open up my week a bit more but the hangover precluded me from doing so. Did a bunch of house chores and mobility instead. I really have intentions of doing i just thought it would be a sub par session… I had even forgotten my 28k at work and walked over and retrieved it (4 blocks of farmers carries).

Today’s practice: 1/23/23
CnP/FSQ day
48 reps for each lift in 30:00 @24/28k
Felt good.
Forgot to upload these videos from Friday's snatch session as well.

Today’s practice: 1/24/23
KB Maximorum W9D2, snatch day
126 reps @28k in 20:00

Hinge felt really good today, really throwing that bell back and waiting till the last second to hinge. I’ve been using chalk lately cuz the bell has been feeling slick. Was maybe over gripping the bell a bit as I walked away with a blood blister under my left ring finger.

4 mile bike ride to class immediately after. Will have another 4 mile ride back to teach PE at work then will have to bike back to school and back to work again for a special student teaching meeting ‍. So, I will likely have around 16 miles of biking in at the end of the day.

Today’s practice: 1/27/23
KB Maximorum first thing, W9D4 cnp/fsq day
44 reps for each lift in 30:00 @24/28k

Form felt off today, prolly should have stopped on the middle rung of the last ladder but went for the last rung and decided to cut it one rep short. Just wouldn’t have been quality. Still got a good amount of reps in though.

5 mile bike ride through the cold and snow to my clinical site and got the tour of the hs ill be at.

1 mile walk to class from clinical

5 mile ride to work in the afternoon.

Today’s practice: 1/27/23
KB Maximorum W9D5, Snatch ladders first thing this morning.
112 reps @28k in 20:00
Made sure I wasn’t rushing early on. Was feeling pretty fatigued from all the biking in the snow yesterday too tbh. Quads were tired mostly so it didn’t affect the snatches too much.

Yesterday: hangin with the kiddos at gymnastics, coaching soccer games. Got home and had an itch so i built up some presses from 28k to 32k (doubles), then tested with the 40k. Still can’t get the left side up but it felt like i could be closer than before. I had lost the right side over marathon training but have it back now. Will be cool to test again in a couple of weeks. I know the left side is weaker but I can’t help but think it’s a bit of a mental block.

Today’s practice: 1/29/23
Bumped up the cnp/fsq practice to today in order to take one of my lifting days off of a cardio commute day. Will still have to snatch and cardio Monday and Thursday but this at least eliminates cnp/fsq +cardio for Monday's, followed by snatching and cardio on Tuesdays. Anyway….
KB Maximorum W10D1
48 reps for each lift @24/28k in 30:00.

Today’s morning practice: 1/30/23

1 mile brisk walk to ride share bike.
5 mile ride
1/2 mile walk.

First day of clinicals at the new HS. Pretty exciting! Will get another 1/2 mile walk and 5 mile ride in later. Snatches tonight.

EC9AFD08-A52B-499D-AB33-999BB4BA181B.jpeg
Chicago winter cycling…,

Today’s practice: 1/31/23
4.5 mile run (9:20ish pace) to HS clinical, sat in on a health class.

1.25 mile run (9:30ish pace) to university

5 mile ride to work, taught two pe classes (elementary) focused on soccer and getting assessments done for report cards.

Back
Top Bottom