all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

Friday 5/19/23
Mobility, some speed ladders

Saturday 5/20/23
Soccer practices and running all over the city for my daughter bday celebrations. We turned this beautiful set of stairs i to our own little parkour gym.
View attachment 21453View attachment 21454
Sunday 5/21/23
1/2 marathon trail race. Nice single track with tons of roots and downed trees, very technical. Ended up finishing in around 2:10. Not terrible for the lack of training.

Monday 5/22/23
GTG chinups x3 all morning
A few tgu @32k
5(1,2) CnP @32k

Tuesday 5/23/23
Snatches, 10L/10R x7 @24k
good stuff mate

Thursdays practice:
Mobility
Playground workout
Chasing and fleeing warmup (tag with the kiddos
Jumprope tabata workout
:20 on :10 off x 7
Rest
:20 on :10 off x 7
5x10 bw rows

Today’s practice: 5/26/23
1 mile run (faster)
1 mile walk
Mobility
8 x 5 L/R snatch @32k
5(1,2,3) L/R CnP @32k

Today’s practice: 5/27/23
In the burbs with the fam.
8 mile run with wifey, going to switch to more of my rums being”faster”. I’ve been always going too “3easy” the past year or so. This “easy” training was not a mistake or useless (my wife may try to say otherwise). I learned a lot and my form/stride feels really on point rn. It has honestly been a long road of recovery from my foot break close to two years ago. Now it’s time to get my speed back. Ran at around a 9 minute pace today so that felt good.

It has honestly been a long road of recovery from my foot break close to two years ago..
Yikes!
I had to do a log search to find out what this was all about. Thats a crazy experince: I'm glad your dog turned out to be okay though.

Reference for anyone else not following Larry's log in 2021 (it's a engaging story):
Training update: 9/18/21
Was running with the pup friday night and we almost got hit by a car. Guy came to a screeching halt and scared the life put of my poor girl. I changed directions to chase after her and immediately sprained my ankle, she was so scared she kept running and encountering more and more cars to scare her more. So i ran on my sprain for 2 miles and made it absolutely terrible. Dog was missing for 36 hours and i was quite useless during it all. Wonderful citizen found her and waited with her till we got there. She was finally exhausted enough to stop and eat his treats. Glad she’s back, praying my ankle heals in time to get back to some sort of training in time to make it to the marathon. Going to just take it super easy though cuz it’s pretty jacked up right now.

Yikes!
I had to do a log search to find out what this was all about. Thats a crazy experince: I'm glad your dog turned out to be okay though.

Reference for anyone else not following Larry's log in 2021 (it's a engaging story):
Lol, nice investigation skills @Torin ! I prolly went back at it too hard too fast. Up until recently i have still had pain all up that side of my leg, starting with my foot and working its way up via my peroneal and to the back of my knee. I also feel that my hips are incredibly uneven so I have been focusing on those as of late and my leg has actually been feeling really good lately. I’ve also been running less frequently so I can’t exactly pinpoint why I have been feeling better. I felt good after my 1/2 last weekend and still feeling pretty good today after the 8 Miler yesterday.
My pup is turning 4 next week too and still runs with me from time to time. Although last time i took her out she hurt the par on her paw and had to limp home, lol. My kids were mad at me again.
Moral of the story is don't go for a night run while Guns and Roses are playing at Wrigley. And call after you dog with a soothing voice and not an enraged/panicked one.

5/28/23:
family bike ride to church, then around the city afterwards. It was maybe a tad irresponsible having all the kids out on their bikes but they have to learn one day…
IMG_0488.jpeg

Gtg pullups,
1/1 TGU @ 24k, 32k, 40k
These were all super slow with long pauses and hip flexor stretches (much less so with the 40k though).

120 swings total with the 40k going something like this.
10 2HS
5L 1HS
5R 1HS
Repeat

5/29/23
Long drawn out morning session, warmed up with some pull ups and mobility. Did some chores and stuff with the kids throughout.
1(1,2,3,4,5) 4(1,2,3,4) CnP @32k

6/3/23:
Out all day doing soccer and playgrounds with the kids. Mostly a recovery day.
6/4/23:
Walk/run 5k with the kids on their bikes.
2(1,2,3,4,5) 3(1,2,3,4) CnP @32k.
Long drawn out session. Tough but doable, was feeling a bit less than recovered.

Today’s practice: 6/14/23
Walking
1hs 20x5 @40k
5(1,2,3) CnP @32k
Suitcase carry finisher x3 @32k
Felt strong today. Starting to get more comfortable with the 40k but the handle width is difficult. Find myself readjusting my grip at the apex of the swing constantly.
32k is feeling like the norm now, 24k flies when i snatch it. ROP style ladders deliver!

Back
Top Bottom