all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Last Week of Giant 1.0

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Eyetic , I would send Geoff a pm and inquire. . . I'm pretty sure he can then send you the link......I have said it before, I am a technologically "challenged" individual so I can't guarantee that's how it done!

@q.Hung and @Stuart Elliott , you gents are far too kind in my case. The reality is I've just focused on the clean and overhead move for quite a while as my main focus and I'm 200 pounds (Ok this week maybe a little more ; ) as yesterday was my 56th birthday and today is Thanksgiving).....my point is I'm impressed with the strength feats that I've observed seeing videos from @Mark Limbaga and @Anna C as proportionally they are far superior to me.

At this point I just do it to ward off the age 50+ pudge that miraculously appears as one ages....certainly better than the alternative ?!

@q.Hung and @Stuart Elliott , you gents are far too kind in my case. The reality is I've just focused on the clean and overhead move for quite a while as my main focus and I'm 200 pounds (Ok this week maybe a little more ; ) as yesterday was my 56th birthday and today is Thanksgiving).....my point is I'm impressed with the strength feats that I've observed seeing videos from @Mark Limbaga and @Anna C as proportionally they are far superior to me.

At this point I just do it to ward off the age 50+ pudge that miraculously appears as one ages....certainly better than the alternative ?!
Happy Birthday then!!! 56 and kicking a***!

You really are a great cleaner and presser. How do you manage your other qualities like squat movements or locomotion? Aren‘t you missing something by only doing those huge amounts of C&P over all these years?

@Xene , I didn't skip out on the other stuff over the years. At this point I stick with general moves that give a big bang for the buck (and that don't hurt if ya know what I mean.) It's a great combo movement that really doesn't single any body part out, builds muscle in the right places and provides a heck of a conditioning punch with the right progressive programming.

Spent a long time focusing on the snatch and front squat. Prior to that I used barbells, jogged, etc. Suffered some injuries and at one point gave up resistance training. Kettlebells allowed me to train without pain and in fact built me back up.

Right now these days I'm focusing on the c+p and walking/ rucking on off days. Got a lot more work on this journey, then I may switch a bit to the clean and jerk or front squat but I have a long road on this journey.

You're also being too kind. At my weight I'm not impressed with my clean and press abilities. "Back in the day" it was not uncommon for trainees to overhead press their bodyweight for reps. (I remember the 1980s!)...... At this point I also have to respect "Father Time" who finds us all at one time or another!

Last edited:
Thanks.

I found a PDF / slide set of Kettlebell Express but amongst the 50 or so programs in there, I didn't see one called Giant.

@watchnerd

The Giant is actually located in his updated version titled Kettlebell Express! Reloaded and is found after the Long Cycle of Death section.

Geoff has his Legacy Collection available for a Black Friday sale. 12 programs for $300. check out the "Now Available: Geoff Neupert's Legacy Collection" thread at the top of the Kettlebell Section.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom