all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Lat activation on down swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TAC

Level 4 Valued Member
I'm new to kettlebell work and have read S&S and ETK. My question is, "am I actively pulling the bell back down during the swing or passively letting it come back down?" I understand shoulder packing and using my lats to keep them there, but I'm just not sure how much work I should do after the bell has reached its height and is coming back down, other than hinge with an active core?

ETK doesn't have one do overspeed eccentrics (actively pulling the bell back down), while S&S does. Use them sparingly; this is not something to do on a regular basis if following the program. Re-read the section in S&S, as it tells you when to use them.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking I saw it somewhere during my reading just couldn't be sure.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking I saw it somewhere during my reading just couldn't be sure.

It is highly beneficial, if not strongly recommended, that you go through the reading of S&S no less than 5-6 times.

There is simply too much cogent information to pick up the first or second time through.

Welcome to the forum and keep swinging!!

Can some one post the relevant page number in the S&S book, i was looking for the information about this, but could no find it. Thanks.

Also, at the top of page 30 there is a quick but important instruction regarding the lat's role in the backswing of the 2H swing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom