all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Lazy Endurance" swing protocol - 6 weeks of awesome!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Neal Sivula

Level 7 Valued Member
Like Anna, I just finished the six week protocol. Please see her post for the specifics.

For me, it was a great experience! I had been doing S+S for quite a while and had just worked the 44 kg into all my swing sets, so I used the 44 for the "Lazy Endurance" protocol.

Pluses: Grip strength massively increased. During the last week I really felt I had reached a new level with my grip, both in strength and skill. Back strength ramped up, core strength increased. Also, getting through the long sets is great for the mind as well; you really test yourself a little bit.

Minuses: None. Seriously. I loved it. Good hand care was a must though.

I increased my 10 minute run distance by 25%, and my snatch test number by 13%! My resting HR went down 10 bpm! Not bad for being "lazy" for 6 weeks!

Awesome - can this protocol be swapped back and forward with S&S?
In a word, yes. @aciampa is contemplating what's next and you can look for an announcement sometime soon; one of the options may be a fresh group to use the protocol @Anna C and @Neal Sivula just completed - we'll see what Al has to say. I know that he is not only to gathering data - he is considering changes to the protocols in order to yield the best results. These are exciting times!

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom