LB increments

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by ruslan, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ruslan

ruslan Still New to StrongFirst Forum

Do any of you incorporate kettlebells that come in LB increments in 5 LBs or do you stay with the standard KG weight? Are the LB increments considered more for intermediate uses?

2. Tim Randolph

Tim Randolph Double-Digit Post Count

At the end of the day, iron is iron and the quality of the bell is a lot more important than whether it is 24kg or 50lbs. Having said that I really like that my bells are in the standard kg jumps as it makes following programs and discussions on this site much simpler.

Sauli and Billy59 like this.
  3. Steve Freides

Steve Freides StrongFirst Director of Community Engagement Staff Member Senior Instructor

I prefer to stick with what I started with, kilograms. Note also that any powerlifting meets at which world records can be set are done in kilograms.

-S-

4. Shawn90

Shawn90 More than 500 posts

5 lbs is roughly 2kg. Nope. I use 4kg increments. Since 24kg already exceeeds 30% of my bw, traditional 8kg jumps are too much for me

5. Oso Rojo

Oso Rojo Double-Digit Post Count

I chose to use kg out of a sense of tradition. Mass is mass so either one get's heavy. I do barbell work in lbs, why, that's that's what I started with, hahaha.

6. Jan

Jan More than 500 posts

I was raised in the metric system, so it's kg for me.
    Ditch the 5lbs or 2kg increments ... to small. Go for minimum 4kg increments.

7. Gregor Samsa

Gregor Samsa Double-Digit Post Count

My collection is 35, 45, 55, and 70 pounds. These are close enough to 16, 20, 24, and 32 kilos as to not make much difference. The programming on this site and Pavel’s books works just fine.