all posts post new thread

Old Forum LCCJ and S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marino

Level 5 Valued Member
I have started practising double long cycle clean and jerks having read about them in ROTK. I find that I enjoy doing them (with light bells so far) and I want to incorporate them into a routine while continuing to work on S&S. ROTK is based on two two week cycles - would S&S for two weeks followed by LCCJs for two weeks amount to a balanced 4 week cycle? I can't make my mind up - the LCCJs are explosive and pulls as are one handed swings but they also involve a move similar to the get up, and the warm up for S&S involves front squats but LCCJs also involve a squatting move. I'm in a muddle now because I can't tell if S&S gives one everything a LCCJ does (or vice versa) or if the two compliment each other.

Yesterday revealed to me that I shouldn't try to do LCCJs and heavy S&S in the same session. I discovered this during my swings which I did after heavy get ups. In each break in between later swing sets I thought I would try a set of 5 double KB LCCJs with 20s. I found the LCCJs so tiring that going back to a set of ten swings with a 44 almost amounted to a rest.

Im a fan of conditioning first and strength training last. So i would do C&Js between the swings and the get ups.

If it were me, I would definitely cycle them.
How long to make each cycle last is based on personal factors.

You could try 2 weeks 2 weeks, if that doesn't really give you enough progress, you could do 3 weeks 3 weeks, etcetera. You will eventually find a sweet spot that works for you right now with these lifts...

I realy "like" lccj too, and am mulling over adding them to s&s by doing very light gtg to keep technique up to par and then using them instead of continuous swings for the bi-weekly "die but do," thing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom