all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Great work, Lee! Squats looking very good.

SFG1 Prep wk6 s3

Warmup:

Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Session:

Press 5 x 1,2,3 @ 28kg
Snatch 10 x 10 @ 24kg (15s rest per 20)
Farmers walks 4 x 90s @ 2 x 24kg

Mobility:

20mins yoga session

Notes:

•Press: These were quick today, not too much rest between ladders. Nice change of pace after 5 x 1,2,3,4.

•Snatch: Quicker, I found I was solid up until the last 10+10 per arm, fatigue was building quickly on these. I took a little extra few seconds resting at the top position.

Yoga: Only second day atm, feeling a bit more limber. With time constraints I'm looking at shorter sessions more often, rather than a long session once a week. I'll see how this goes first.

Have a strong day everyone!

With time constraints I'm looking at shorter sessions more often, rather than a long session once a week. I'll see how this goes first.
This is more or less what I did with my S&S training lately. Cut back the weight to compress rest periods, keep the training moderate still, and de-stress my morning. This lets me get 7 consecutive days without much problem. Happily, the weight is coming back up again. Yoga is not S&S of course, but based on my experience it seems like a solid idea. Good luck.

This is more or less what I did with my S&S training lately. Cut back the weight to compress rest periods, keep the training moderate still, and de-stress my morning. This lets me get 7 consecutive days without much problem. Happily, the weight is coming back up again. Yoga is not S&S of course, but based on my experience it seems like a solid idea. Good luck.

I second that.

While yoga is not S&S it is movement practice. Assuming you are not using a different type of nervous system for yoga I think it is safe to say it generally follows the same principles... :)

Thanks @The Nail and @Shahaf Levin ! Yea there's only so much I can do before I lose time with my wife each day. Using the consistency trumps intensity formula, the yoga movement practice should work wonders on a daily basis. I'm already feeling more "springy" then usual, if that term makes sense! :)

My TGU:
Hand still not lining up correctly with knee and foot, still work in progress!

5-10 count pauses at each stage of the TGU cures what ails ya. Diagnose the issue with these.

I use pauses even with normal TGU work. With the 32k, I perform the lift slower than comfortable by pausing a few moments at each stage. Every rep. This allows me to brace my abs/line up my spine/level my hips. It sounds like a lot of extra work, and it is. Counterintuitively, it makes the lift stronger long-term.

Using pauses like this has helped my TGU progress even while on a calorie deficit.

Videos look great, Lee! Are those dress slacks? ;)

Get-up looks really smooth and controlled. Snatches, just keep practicing. Two suggestions: 1) practice the movement with no bell to pattern the taming the arc (bringing the elbow back a bit more on the up and the down), and 2) during the snatch, think "fast" between head-height and lockout. It'll help get the hips snapping.

SFG1 Prep wk6 s4

Warmup:

Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Yesterday's session:

TGU 5 x 1 per arm @ 36kg
DBCL 5 x 5 @ 2 x 28kg
DBFSQ 5 x 5 @ 2 x 28kg
Swings 10 x 20 @ 36kg 30s rest

End of week summary:

•This week has been tough, the volume has been higher, and the sessions longer. To give you an idea of how this week has felt goes as follows: Work + Training + Sleep fills any gap not covered by the other 2. Overall though I have seen some great progress once again this week with my 100 snatches coming in @ 6mins approx. My grip on the 36kg has improved, which was a concern going into the start of the week. Cleans and squats are coming along nicely. Thank you to @The Nail @Anna C and @offwidth for your kind words and tips from my videos. And for your support in my choice of apparel ;)

Snatches and Get-ups look good.

I find in a tight spot I'll alter my TGU form a bit without thinking, so maybe if you line yourself up more to the KB side you'll have an easier time lining things up. Looks good anyway and some stout weights getting cycled in.

SFG1 Prep wk7 s1

Warmup:

Crawls
Goblet Squats
Bottoms up press

Session:

Press 5 x 1,2,3,4,5 @ 28kg
Swings 10 x 16 @ 36kg 20s rest
Farmers walks 4 x 90s @ 2 x 24kg

Notes:

•I split this session up as the time and volume of the presses wiped me, so came back to swings later in the day to swing fresher and attack it better

Have a strong day everyone!

Thanks @damogari the swings were tough, even with a generous 20s rest ;) I'm feeling like I want to take it very easy after this program has finished for a bit.

Today I was doing sets of 12 with 32 and that was demanding - I can just imagine how hard was sets of 16 (!) with 36 (!!). Really impressive.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom