all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lee Hunt

Level 7 Valued Member
Edits to track my journey on this log...

S&S Nov 24th '16 - Feb 9th '17

***"Simple" achieved Feb 9th '17***

ROP Feb 10th '17 - Ongoing

Hi, my names Lee. I've been following ETK ROP since August and loved it, I worked upto 32kg press and 126 snatches in 10mins with 24kg. Unfortunately I tweaked my left shoulder and felt that this was because I tried to progress to quickly. I love the fact that with kettlebells I can get both stronger and fitter, so I wasn't just about to give up. So I went back to basics and gave simple and sinister a go for a couple of weeks, then hit my fabulous problem. I started to love the simplicity of the program, the daily training, the focus on technique, and owning the weight before progressing (which is my learning from ROP).
I've been reading a lot of stories on here to learn from. And I'm inspired by some amazingly committed individuals, who I look forward to continue to follow on here.

I began s&s using 28kg for both OAS (one arm swings) and TGU (Turkish get ups).

Currently I've owned the 28kg TGU so have been starting to insert the 32kg in this week, my OAS are still at 28kg at about 6mins.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 with 28kg
TGU 5x1 28,32,32,28,28kg

Last edited:
Today is a rest day, I'm just focusing on the mobility drills from "take the brakes off your strength" chapter. The 90/90 stretch and and prying goblet squat are my opportunities. The others feel as though they're loosening nicely.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 28,32,32,32,28kg

OAS: Today's focus was on not releasing the plank until my arms were close to my chest. I felt I could produce more force this way through the hips on the forward swing.

TGU: Inserted another set of 32's, also slowed the stages down a bit, I felt I was going too quick through the movements.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 28,32,32,32,28kg

OAS: Same focus as yesterday, felt better and I can feel my hamstrings more afterwards.

TGU: Felt great, could have done a 4th set of 32's but I'm in no rush, I may add them tomorrow if I'm still feeling great.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 28,28,20,20,20kg

OAS: Form much better.
TGU: Dialed back as the sets went on as I wasn't feeling 100%, I went light to be on the safe side.

Today's session:
THS 10x10 24kg
TGU 5x1 24kg

Notes: Light day today. Tomorrow I won't have access to my kettlebells so I'm going to focus on mobility.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 32kg

OAS: Felt lighter today.
TGU: All sets are 32kg, felt great.

Today's session:
OAS 10x10 28kg
TGU 5x1 32kg

OAS: Felt lighter today.
TGU: Felt great, just need to slow down on some of the stages.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom