all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Left of Passage

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

In ROTK, theres Dan Johns version of ROP. I am curious about the swings and farmers walks. It say 4 (40 swings, and 160ft of farmers walks), 8 (80 swings) ie (I dont have the book in front of me right now), but is it 4 sets of 10 swings or is it 4 sets of 40 swings? Is there a certain progression? It only gives one workout "sample". I know ultimatley the final progression is ROTK, but do you just keep doing the ladders as written or do you progress as in ROP?

Keep it on the low side...sets of ten. It is a simple program designed to keep you in solid shape. Inseason training is tricky: you need to allow yourself to get weaker, so to speak, in terms of max, and allow all the other qualities to bloom. So, 4 sets of 10 Dbl Swings is going to around enough. Farmer Walks will replace a lot of other things, too.

This is for fairly high level Highland Gamers or throwers. I apologize if it came across as something for everyone. It would work, sure, but  this is something for a narrow audience.

Anyone have a page number in ROTK for me for this?

Thanks.

-S-

Steve, I dabbled with it for a couple of weeks a few years ago between programs, and for whatever my opinion is worth, it was pretty good. Never returned to it, but I may at some point.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom