all posts post new thread

Nutrition lent time 2018

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

elli

Level 10 Valued Member
As I am going to start this years lent time tomorrow (end of month as a cut) I am curious about your plans.
Lent time is not neseccarily related to food.
Okay, I will exclude chocolate/ sugar and reduce coffee intake but I also will live more mindfully and try to look more closely to what and who is around me. I have bought a little book with one idea for each day of lent time...smile at a stranger, spend a few minutes with just watching the clouds. Some spiritual things some more practical ones. Sunday is day of reflecting the week and enjoying a piece of cake (the only sweet ritual I will keep until Eastern).

Do you have any plans for this time? Do you think taking lent time as an ocassion to slow down is helpful? Too spiritual or religious?

Hello,

Do you have any plans for this time? Do you think taking lent time as an ocassion to slow down is helpful? Too spiritual or religious?
I am opinion, a relative food deprivation is a good thing as long as it does not jeopardize health. Anyway, I noticed I am more contemplative and have a clearer mind for I simply eat less. It helps me to get a proper breathing as well.

I buy seasonal and organic as much as I can to respect Nature.

As long as we feel good in our body and mind, then this is fine.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I think Lent and the spiritual and physical catharsis is a great tradition and certainly beneficial for the majority of the practitioners. I haven't ever participated myself, but I am not against the idea either. I hope it works well for you.

I think Lent and the spiritual and physical catharsis is a great tradition and certainly beneficial for the majority of the practitioners. I haven't ever participated myself, but I am not against the idea either. I hope it works well for you.
I will keep you posted ;)
Starting with 4 days of low cal (planning 1400 kcal) and then go on with a bit more.

Bambalbam! noooo low cal...restarting Monday.
Out of several reasons lent time will be spend eating vegan.
Posting about that in my log :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom