all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Less Can Be More (Strength & Hypertrophy)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Regarding training volume, we can also paraphrase what Dan has written elsewhere and remind ourselves that everything works for everyone, at least for a while.

IMHO, there are very few "magic" programs that can work for more people and for longer than most. We are fortunate to have some of them here, with S and S being the shining example.

Training yourself is at least as much art as it is science, and training others even more so. It's always a pleasure to read Dan's writings and I have learned a lot from doing so over the years.

JMO.

-S-

@pet' has already included some great links but @Karen Smith also has a collection of fantastic bodyweight articles on here. All are worth checking out for ideas and motivation.

I wonder if there could be a bodyweight version of this workout? I like the format and how it's laid out but the exercises aren't available to me.
I wonder if there could be a bodyweight version of this workout? I like the format and how it's laid out but the exercises aren't available to me.

Hello,

+1 for @Karen Smith !

Another alternative comes to my mind:
Strength Aerobics: A Powerful Alternative to HIIT

Then, for an upper body pull (but requires a non necessarily portable"material")
- ladder of X with a circuit of OAOL PU + pistols + pull up (If I remember well, A. Salkin did it). Doorframe pull up may be (as R. Enamait suggests)

Then, for an lower body pull:
- using rubber band (it easily go in a backpack): deadlift, "trap bar deadlift". It can be done as a ladder circuit the same way than the pull ups

Kind regards,

Pet'

This is a pretty timely post. I've been wondering how I could advance some upper body calisthenics moves while using barbell squats for the lower body. I think the 3-5 template is exactly what I need for the squats. Thanks for the reminder and great thread!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom