Less is More

Walk
10:14 AM, 00:46:57
3 rounds Goblet Squats, Push-ups, Downward Dogs

Training @ 04:15 PM

Walk/Run
10 run/01 walk x 3
2.41 mi, 13:44 min/mi, 139 bpm hr avg, 146 bpm hr max

Perfect weather; just enough wind to keep me cool with temps in the high 50’s/low 60’s. I could have probably kept the pace the entire time without walking, but I used the walk intervals to clear my nose.

Another day where I didn't want to train again, hmm. But this ended up being a very good run so glad I got it together! More than made up for Tuesdays suck fest. Body was springy and the lungs and heart were strong.

Walk
10:20 AM, 00:45:49

Training @ 04:29 PM

Q&D 015
2HS: 24k x 10r x 10s
Explosive Push-ups: 10r x 10s

Rest 5:00

Mace
08k x 10s x 10r

Forearms are recovering better as I didn’t have any problems getting in a full mace session after hitting the 32k snatch Wednesday. This felt good and left me feeling refreshed and recharged. The walks help a lot; I was thrashed this morning but the walk perked me up and by the time I got around to PM training I felt enthusiastic and ready to train.

Ahhh

12.22 - Fasting End

Fast
Broken at the 48 hour mark.

Buteyko M
Lx14, ebh 80 max 181, 07:25 am

Walk
10:13 AM, 00:46:49

Nap
45:00 that passed in a flash...forgot how deeply I nap during the longer fasts. Deep dreaming too.

Sun Lays
55:00

Yea man, always. Don't even take any vitamins. My gut loves that total break.
Very good! I've fasted with coffee and water, knowing it's not a 'pure' fast, then again, I think purists don't eat or drink anything. What are you weighing these days? Your body comp must be pretty good.

I won't fast now, it's colder and I'm doing physical work as well as training.

I don't want to lose weight, in fact, I've increased carb intake eating brown rice, oatmeal, russets, yams etc.. not overdoing it. Just bumped it up a notch for awhile, don't wanna get fat ya know ?

Walk
11:08 AM, 00:45:44

Training @ 04:16 PM

Snatch
32k x 20s x 05r

Rest 5:00

Mace
08k x 10s x 04r

Must not have been chasing the bell down as fast as I thought. I lost a bit of skin, deep towards the wrist in the palm, on the last set. I need to touch the 32k more often. My skin is lazy; it only adapts when the demand is frequent. I'm not exposing myself to the stimulus often enough to get my body to take it seriously.

Must not have been chasing the bell down as fast as I thought. I lost a bit of skin, deep towards the wrist in the palm, on the last set. I need to touch the 32k more often. My skin is lazy; it only adapts when the demand is frequent. I'm not exposing myself to the stimulus often enough to get my body to take it seriously.
I think that's a flaw in the 'deep grip' strategy, at least for me, I like to finger grip the bell. As long as my callous line is sanded down enough I don't have any pinching problems.
Of course, everyone has their own preference, and if the grip works for you that's awesome.. for me it just feels like it causes more problem than it helps. Then again, I'm not snatching 32k.. the times I have it's been the same grip as always, but higher repeat counts will present problems no matter how you grip the bell I think.

Very good! I've fasted with coffee and water, knowing it's not a 'pure' fast, then again, I think purists don't eat or drink anything. What are you weighing these days? Your body comp must be pretty good.

I won't fast now, it's colder and I'm doing physical work as well as training.

I don't want to lose weight, in fact, I've increased carb intake eating brown rice, oatmeal, russets, yams etc.. not overdoing it. Just bumped it up a notch for awhile, don't wanna get fat ya know
I don't know what my bodyweight is. I don't have a scale any more, but waist size is dropping steady; down to 32" in the mornings without any special fasting. So body comp is improving slowly. I don't want to cut carbs or calories and compromise training, so I'm just letting the training, healthy nutrition, and good sleeps lean me out over time.

It's cool here in Texas too now; always makes the fasting challenging. Though not as cold as Chicago this time of year so it's comparatively easier now, heh. I don't want to lose weight either; just wanna lean out some.
I think that's a flaw in the 'deep grip' strategy, at least for me, I like to finger grip the bell. As long as my callous line is sanded down enough I don't have any pinching problems.
Yea I usually finger grip it too, but if I'm too slow in the drop it rides deeper in the palm instead of towards the fingers where it's supposed to. The pads on the fingers are tough and flexible, they can easily handle the load. As you say, gripping it deeply is trouble. As with the mace, I need to really double down on outrunning the implement...when I do this correctly the finger pads take the brunt of the blow quite nicely. Dropping nice and fast reflexively, without any thinking, drops the bell under control into the fingers much more.

I don't know what my bodyweight is. I don't have a scale any more, but waist size is dropping steady; down to 32" in the mornings without any special fasting. So body comp is improving slowly. I don't want to cut carbs or calories and compromise training, so I'm just letting the training, healthy nutrition, and good sleeps lean me out over time.

It's cool here in Texas too now; always makes the fasting challenging. Though not as cold as Chicago this time of year so it's comparatively easier now, heh. I don't want to lose weight either; just wanna lean out some.

Yea I usually finger grip it too, but if I'm too slow in the drop it rides deeper in the palm instead of towards the fingers where it's supposed to. The pads on the fingers are tough and flexible, they can easily handle the load. As you say, gripping it deeply is trouble. As with the mace, I need to really double down on outrunning the implement...when I do this correctly the finger pads take the brunt of the blow quite nicely. Dropping nice and fast reflexively, without any thinking, drops the bell under control into the fingers much more.
You're doing everything right bro.. IMHO ?

Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom