all posts post new thread

Less is More

Snatching
24k x 26s x 05r

Lost a bit of skin on the left palm after the first few sets. Not too bad though. Must of blistered up last session.

--

Walk
05:10 PM, 00:56:48

Run/Walk
00:33:19, 2.43 mi, 13:40 min/mi
141 bpm avg hr 155 max

Wind Speed S 28 G 40 mph

What a ballbusting run. I’m shocked my HR numbers aren’t MUCH higher! Still refining my breathing. I went with a four breaths in two breaths out asymmetrical pattern today. Will take some practice.

--

Walk
05:04 PM, 01:01:11

Run/Walk
00:33:19, 2.43 mi, 13:40 min/mi
141 bpm avg hr 155 max

Wind Speed S 28 G 40 mph

What a ballbusting run. I’m shocked my HR numbers aren’t MUCH higher! Still refining my breathing. I went with a four breaths in two breaths out asymmetrical pattern today. Will take some practice.

--

Walk
05:04 PM, 01:01:11
40 mph is a strong wind, glad you got it in bro.

Snatching
24k x 28s x 05r

Great training session. Surprisingly, I had no soreness/stiffness from the run yesterday.

I continue to get better at making small adjustments to my torso to resist the twist and help control the drop.

--

Walk
05:27 PM, 00:32:40

Snatching
24k x 28s x 05r

Great training session. Surprisingly, I had no soreness/stiffness from the run yesterday.

I continue to get better at making small adjustments to my torso to resist the twist and help control the drop.

--

Walk
05:27 PM, 00:32:40
Even a slight twist used to hammer me with heavy snatching, don't discount the mace brother, it's what turned the corner for me on heavy snatches.

Even a slight twist used to hammer me with heavy snatching, don't discount the mace brother, it's what turned the corner for me on heavy snatches.
Mace has been a tremendous learning tool, for sure. Immense carry over to snatching. Nothing else really helps drill the 'dynamic grip' required for snatching. Ya know cycling through huge grip power - relative relaxation - huge power - relative relaxation...

Mace has been a tremendous learning tool, for sure. Immense carry over to snatching. Nothing else really helps drill the 'dynamic grip' required for snatching. Ya know cycling through huge grip power - relative relaxation - huge power - relative relaxation...
Yes indeed, I like to think of it as grip pulsing

Run/Walk
00:33:40, 2.24 mi, 14:59 min/mi, 133 bpm avg hr 143 max

Excellent running weather! 78 degrees, uv index 9, 15mph wind. Without the wind trying to blow me away I was actually able to keep a decent pace/hr combo.

--

Walk
04:25 PM, 00:59:45

Run/Walk
00:33:40, 2.24 mi, 14:59 min/mi, 133 bpm avg hr 143 max

Excellent running weather! 78 degrees, uv index 9, 15mph wind. Without the wind trying to blow me away I was actually able to keep a decent pace/hr combo.

--

Walk
04:25 PM, 00:59:45
That's great! It seems like Chitcago with the weather there, it changes quickly and often.. perhaps not to the same degree, West Texas has some wild swings in weather ?

That's great! It seems like Chitcago with the weather there, it changes quickly and often.. perhaps not to the same degree, West Texas has some wild swings in weather ?
It's been wild so far, but that was mostly the winter. Texas seems to have a good winter every 10 years or so. I'm interested to see how it is here in July & August. I'm loving the heat so far. One interesting thing about living here is I can never seem to drink down enough water; the humidity was only 17% today.

It's been wild so far, but that was mostly the winter. Texas seems to have a good winter every 10 years or so. I'm interested to see how it is here in July & August. I'm loving the heat so far. One interesting thing about living here is I can never seem to drink down enough water; the humidity was only 17% today.
17% humidity is desert territory, it'll probably be very hot there in summer I would think. Have you explored lakes around there yet? Tomorrow they're cleaning up around Lake Kirby with music and food trucks, just checked the city website :)

Back
Top Bottom