all posts post new thread

Less is More

Up 6:00, train 9:30
SFG Prep, week 10

How is it September 1st already?

Warm up:

Brettzel rib pull, brettzel regular, child's pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar.
Goblet squats, two hand swings, t-rex high pulls, halos

THE SNATCH:
16k x 20s x 5r
interval 1:00
Focus:

Dominating the lift, owning it, making it my bitch

As of now, I consider my 8 week Basic Snatch Preparation a success. As I hinted at yesterday, the next 4 weeks focus will be on building:
- SaS with 40k
- Snatching 20k x 100r in 5:00.
This might need rethought. I should probably run S&S with the 28k and focus on upping the snatch first, then build up S&S after. I need to learn more about callous care, and the snatch is proving to be harder on the hips than I had anticipated.​

When is your SFG weekend? Do you have anyone programming your prep?

When is your SFG weekend? Do you have anyone programming your prep?
04/27/2018 - 04/29/2018 in Chicago, IL

I do not have anybody programming. Once I get close to snatching 24k x 100 in 5:00, then I'll worry about deeper SFG prep programming. Ryan and I talked snatch strategy at my training session, so I got a good idea of how to get to there.

Once I'm ready, I'll see if I can pay Mr Ciampa to design a program for me. I like the one he did for you.

Oh, you're doing the Dome! Awesome. That's what I did in 2015. Great venue.

Yes, what you're doing now is great, then. Plenty of time for the specific prep.

Up 7:30, train 9:30
SFG Prep, week 10
Very weird week.
Absolutely exhausted yesterday; fell asleep on couch shortly after 8pm...but woke up with a deep feeling of contentment.
This session was harder than anticipated. Today was actually my 5th day, so I should of had the day off...but considering I had to axe an entire snatch day, I wanted to get in something.

Warm up:
Brettzel rib pull, brettzel regular, child's pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar.
Goblet squats, two hand swings, pulls, halos​

OHS:

10s x 10r
interval 1:15​

TGU:
5s x 1r
interval 4:00​

Used the 120 grit sanding disc on my super thick left hand callouses yesterday. I must be special, because I found it oddly soothing. Tho the pile of removed skin on my shirt & pants was odd when I noticed it.

Last edited:
Up 7:30, train 9:30
SFG Prep, week 10

Warm up:
Planned day off of KB's

Training:
Long walk in the morning sun!

Based on the discussion in A&A+A, I'm going to update my template to include an aerobic day on day 5. For now, it will consist of a 45 minute walk. Over time, it will evolve into a rucking day or a running day. I'm not certain my high mileage knees could handle running.
  1. Snatch
  2. S&S
  3. Snatch
  4. S&S
  5. Rucking
@Anna C two sessions with the 120 grit sanding disc removed enough callous that I'm going to snatch without gloves tomorrow and see how it goes. It's remarkably effective, and doesn't blister the surrounding skin like pumice stones do. Plus, it's hardcore to have skin so bad a#@:D that only sand paper can remove it.

SFG Prep, week 10

Warm up:

Brettzel rib pull, child's pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar
Goblet squats, two hand swings, t-rex high pulls, halos​

THE SNATCH:
No gloves + chalk :)
24s x 5r
First four sets 16k
Rest 20k​
interval 1:15, or 25 relaxed breaths​

I only intended to do 10 total repeats, but I felt so good I wanted to get a big day in. Hands held up well! No visible blisters as of now. My breath and heart rate stayed steady through every set. I do not feel fatigued as I type this out on my laptop laying on my belly.

Focus: Dominance of the bell through movement mastery

Up 6:15, train 7:30
SFG Prep, week 10

Warm up:
Goblet squats, two hand swings, halos​

OHS:

10s x 10r
interval 1:15​

TGU:
5s x 1r
interval 4:00​

My hips were trashed this morning. The rib pulls/brettzels/child's post/arm bars have done wonders for my t-spine mobility. They've enabled me to recruit my hips and glutes better.

My t-spine now recovers overnight. However, my hips are lagging behind. I need to find a similar complex for my hip mobility.

I am in a similar position as you are, my T-Spine mobility has improved remarkably since I started using the drills @Anna C was so kind to share. While I am not performing them daily, I am far more limber and loose because of those drills.

My hips, on the other hand, need some help. Please let me know when you do find a similar complex for your hips, I could most definitely use one as well.

My hips were trashed this morning. The rib pulls/brettzels/child's post/arm bars have done wonders for my t-spine mobility. They've enabled me to recruit my hips and glutes better.

My t-spine now recovers overnight. However, my hips are lagging behind. I need to find a similar complex for my hip mobility.

Please let me know when you do find a similar complex for your hips, I could most definitely use one as well.

I remembered a simple solution I used before.
I did a week or two of evening GTG prying-goblet squats. I used a 10-16k bell, for 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps. I spent a good amount of time in the bottom position, prying back and forth, letting my calves and hips relax + stretch.

I'm going to implement this again.

My hips, on the other hand, need some help. Please let me know when you do find a similar complex for your hips, I could most definitely use one as well.
guys look up the Original Strength "Commando Rocks" they work like magic for mine!

Yep, those above videos are what I'm talking about.
I sprinkle them in throughout the day during the week and on weekends I do them all the time.
They have really taught me a lot about my hips and how tight they get.

give them a go... you might just like them.

At this rate, I am going to have to get up at 4 am to get all these additional exercises in along with S&S......:eek::D:p

I sprinkle them in throughout the day during the week and on weekends I do them all the time.

Ok, I tried them last night, and holy crap are they effective. I showed my rugby team them as a part of their warm up routine, and to a man they all said they worked from them as well. Thank you for this suggestion. Now, I just need to find a place to do them during the week that won't freak out my co-workers......o_O;):D

SFG Prep, week 10
I felt much better today, even before warmups. Yesterday must of been an off-day.

Warm up:

OS Commando Rock, Brettzel rib pull, brettzel, child's pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar
Goblet squats, halos​

THE SNATCH:
No gloves + chalk :)
16s x 5r
First four sets 16k
Rest 20k
interval 1:15
Focus:
Need to pull myself 'straight and true' when I lock out breath/hips/knees/ankles. I'm trying to twist forward on the working side. Need to keep the plumb line from the KB/wrist/elbow/shoulder/lat/hip/knee/ankle.
@Strong Rick & @Michael Scott
Added the OS Commando Rocks this morning. They were shockingly effective.

Back
Top Bottom