Less is More

Today:
Up 6:00, train 7:00

Warm up:
Toes/feet/ankles, downward dogs
Commando rocks, Rotating commando rocks
Rib pulls, brettzels, childs pose rotation, arm bar, bent arm bar
Gob squats/halos 10k x 5r s x 3s​

Skin on the hands still sore, called an audible. Just a bit of general movement prep to keep fast & loose.

Up 7:00, train 9:00

Warm up:
Rib pulls, brettzels, childs pose rotation, arm bar, bent arm bar​

Conditioning:
60 min walk
This week took a toll on me - I snapped and popped like bubble wrap during warmups. I felt great afterwards, and with the rain the park was nearly deserted.

I've been "forum-absent" for awhile... Looks like training is going well! 4x5 --> 10x5 --> 12x5 snatches @ 24 kg...? Nice! I assume that means the skin on your hands is weathering well.

We had a rugby match in Milwaukee on Saturday.....maybe 10 -12 spectators as it was pouring rain up there too......

Up 7:00, train 9:00

Warm up:
Rib pulls, brettzels, childs pose rotation, arm bar, bent arm bar​

Conditioning:
60 min walk
This week took a toll on me - I snapped and popped like bubble wrap during warmups. I felt great afterwards, and with the rain the park was nearly deserted.

Up 5:30, train 6:45
27 weeks until Chicago SFG1

Warm up
Commando rocks, Toes/feet/ankles, Downward dog
Toshner Mobility
Gob Squats/Halos​

The Snatch
2s x 5r 16k
16s x 5r 24k
Drop is improving quickly. Lockout not improving as quickly, but I am figuring it out.​

TGU
1s x 1r, 28k​

Conditioning:
20 min walk
Grateful for this session!

Up 6:00, train 7:30

Warm up
Commando rocks, Toes/feet/ankles, Downward dog​

Conditioning:
Walk, 60 min
One of those days where I woke up tired. Slept in an entire hour, still dragging my tail. Did not want to train, but I did anyways as I know the aerobic training aids my recovery and ability to tolerate stress.

But I really want a nap :eek:

Last edited:

Warm up
Commando rocks, Toes/feet/ankles, Downward dog
Toshner Mobility
Gob Squats/Halos​

The Snatch
2s x 5r 16k
12s x 5r 20k
Dropped back to 20k since skin was sore. Still, being as smooth as I am, I managed to lightly rip a few new callouses I didn't know about. Not badly, should be able to snatch Friday.​

Conditioning:
20 min walk​

. Did not want to train, but I did anyways as I know the aerobic training aids my recovery and ability to tolerate stress.
you know it and applied it. That's more than two times better. For me aerobic work makes my training complete. It very precious to have this in the arsenal with all that iron.

Still, being as smooth as I am, I managed to lightly rip a few new callouses I didn't know about. Not badly, should be able to snatch Friday.
haha, I can see myself in the mirror. Apart from using a foot file I use zinc oxide balm overnight, it is cheap and works not badly.

No training today planned day off.

Went to bed by 9:00 last night, out of bed at 7:30. Nice big sleep!

A StrongEndurance course was just added for Chicago, May 19-20. A few weeks after my SFG1. Tempting!

Back
Top Bottom