Gob Squats/Halos​

The Snatch
2s x 5r 16k
6s x 5r 24k​

TGU
1s x 1r 28k​

Conditioning:
40 min walk
Ugh, yesterday was brutal. Consequently, I was all off my game today. Even my get-ups were way off, they are usually reliable. Oh well, at least the weather was gorgeous for my conditioning.

26 weeks until Chicago SFG1

Warm up
Commando rocks, Toes/feet/ankles, Downward dog
Toshner Mobility
Gob Squats/Halos​

Conditioning:
75 min walk
Beautiful day!
"Oh what a day! What a lovely day!"
These past few weeks I've added back in one day of fasting, from Saturday 6pm to Sunday 6pm. I noticed decreased general inflammation and quicker recovery from the snatching.

I may add a second fast day this coming week. My snatch volume is low-ish while my skin adapts, so I might as well take the time to lean up.

Just a thought. If your snatch volume is so low, why don’t you add in presses and front squats to improve overall strength and capacity? Even just a few reps a day would go a long way to help prepare you for SFG 1.

If your snatch volume is so low, why don’t you add in presses and front squats to improve overall strength and capacity?
Thanks for the comment Noah. This is what I will be doing next week.

Al suggested I backfill with swings and such while my skin adapts to The Snatch during this A+A adjustment period. This week was particularly brutal for me outside of training. I was simply grateful to get in the little bit of KB work that I did. Even the LSD easy paced aerobic work was a bit taxing this week.

Good luck in your training!

Raining cats and dogs here today. I really like doing the Locomotive Aerobic Conditioning right after snatching, so I called an audible and only did mobility today. If it's still raining tomorrow I'll suck it up and get wet.

Movement prep only:
Commando rocks, Toes/feet/ankles, Downward dog
Rib pulls, brettzels, childs pose rotation, arm bar, crooked arm bar
Gob Squats/Halos​

I'd cut out the goblet squats and halos in favor of the OS commando rocks. That was a mistake. The OS work and the prying goblet squats are not equal they are complimentary. The gob squats work deep in the hip and lower back. The os work hits the front of the hips. Together they do awesome things for my recovery.

Warm up
Commando rocks, toes/feet/ankles, downward dog
Arm & shoulder rotations
Gob squats, halos​

The Snatch
2s x 5r 16k
10s x 5r 24k
Interval 1:30​

Two hand shadow swings
4s x 10r 24k​

Conditioning:
I lied; no conditioning. Raining again. I need rain gear.
Thoughts on The Snatch:
When I get a hang of how to feel out my recovery set to set I'll drop the timer. These felt sharp. For the lockout, the focus is still on locking in the hips/knees/breath early on, landing on a packed shoulder and ramrod straight arm, and keeping my abs pulled up. For the drop my focus was on flicking the bell down with controlled dominance. I felt these strongly in my glutes - likely because I'm doing a far better job of getting the hips locked out and under me early in the lift.
Overall I focused on making every rep count.

You mean you do not currently own a pair?
Heh, I do. However, you might recall earlier in the year where I had to buy a new pair of shoes due to my feet growing one full size at the age of 33. So I had to buy a new pair of boots too. I'd been resisting buying until the cold weather forced my hand. Now with all this talk of frost, my hand was hereby forced :)

Wednesday: Unplanned Day off
Today: Planned day off.

I'll be back on the horse tomorrow! Just trying to stay healthy and manage the stress bucket. I slept great last night for the first time in weeks. Actually woke up feeling refreshed!

Warm up
Toes/feet/ankles, downward dog, arm rotations
Gob Squats/Halos​

The Snatch
2s x 5r 16k
10s x 5r 24k
These all went up easy. Focus on an early lockout of hips/breath is paying off! My hands could of easily handled several more sets, but I wanted to be sure I had time to get my walk in. Very pleased with how these are feeling now.

Conditioning:
20 min walk​

New winter training boots worked great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom