VLB as written; RcB of 2:00
75 max pause
EBH 37!​

Stretching:
OS commando rocks, 90/90s, QL Straddle​

Chicago SFG1: 3 months 28 days
Up 7:00
Train 10:00
I'm completely spoiled with these leisurely vacation days of waking up at 7 and training late in the morning

Buteyko
A single 16
101 max pause!
EBH 48!
An exceptional session.

The Snatch
10k, 5r x 2s
16k, 5r x 2s
24k, 5r x 8s
28k, 5r x 4s
24k, 5r x 8s

Note:
Grip the bell extra hard a moment before the hips absorb the load in the hinge, before they kick forward again. This makes it easy to keep the elbow straight, and makes it easier to land the bell in a cushion of lats at lockout.

Turkish Get-Up

24k, 1s x 1r​

Locomotion

My hips and lower back were tired after the KB work! Not sure if because using the 28k, or if due to training so late in the morning.
Or cuz reasons.

Walk (not ruck)
20 minutes​

Last edited:
Up 530
No KBs today; planned day off. Hips and low back still feeling yesterdays training.

Buteyko
Two level 14s
RcB 2:00
EBH 24 :(
Max pause of 90, 101
My lungs still feel tired after training yesterday.
Accessory work
OS commando rocks, OS side to side rocks
Scrubbing caked up chalk off KB handles. This helps with skin durability.
Vacuuming​

Happy Snatchy New Year!

Buteyko

A single 16
72 max pause
EBH 40
Pushing this so hard Saturday might of been a bit of what trashed me for the day, so I went easy on this today.

Needed a lot of movement prep today.

The Snatch
10k, 5r x 2s
16k, 5r x 2s
20k, 5r x 2s
24k, 5r x 8s
28k, 5r x 4s
24k, 5r x 8s

Had trouble getting my hips back enough and bending the knees in sync. Likely just fatigued. Will plan on a low volume 20k session Wednesday.

Turkish Get-Up

28k, 1s x 1r​

Locomotion
Ruck
10#
20 minutes
Had trouble breathing. If I kept my balaclava pulled over my nose, it would run incessantly and make me feel like I was trying to breath under water. If I pulled the balaclva down, the moisture in the air froze in my nose and made it even harder to breathe. Hmm, gotta figure this out. Maybe I take a rag with me on my ruck and keep blowing my nose into it. Kinda gross, but might work.
Brutally cold
upload_2018-1-1_11-18-1.png
High volume snatches with heavy sets of 28k mixed in taxes my hips and low back...especially with the get-ups afterwards. Therefore, I backed off on the weight for the ruck.

This was a nice challenging session.

@The Nail I appreciate your consistency and patience in your training. You truly are an example of slow and steady progress as well as enjoying the process rather than just focusing on the results/goals. I always enjoy reading your daily training log and thoughts.

Chicago SFG1: 112 days

Up 4:30
Train 7:00

Locomotion
Ruck
20#
40 minutes
This may have been a bit into the glycotic system. My nose was running so bad in the -16 windchill I could hardly breathe. Estimate I was able to breathe at about 60% of normal capacity.

Deload :cool:

This morning, trip to the grocery store, then:

Buteyko
Three back to back level 15s
EBH 30
RcB of 2:00
Max pause of 70, 113, 91
Felt very zen after this.

Stretching
OS commando rocks, side to side rocks, downward dog​

PM Work

Buteyko
Two back to back; a 15 and 16
EBH 26
Max pause of 49, 60
RCB 2:00
On level 16, used 3:00 VLB​

Stretching
OS commando rocks, Ql Straddle, 90/90​

Chicago SFG1: 110 days
Up 6:00
Train 8:30

Deload :cool:

The Snatch
10k, 5r x 2s
16k, 5r x 2s
Greasing the groove. Back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

Locomotion

Ruck
10#
40 minutes
Heat wave! Oh, what a day... what a lovely day!
upload_2018-1-7_9-45-47.png
I used the warmer weather to wear less layers in the name of building up tolerance to the cold. Of course I didn't check the wind speed before I left and got brutalized by the wind, but it ended up working out okay.

Back
Top Bottom