all posts post new thread

Less is More

Wake up, 7:30. Train 9:45

One Hand Swing
40 rest/15 work
16k 10x10
Crushing the bell and packing the shoulder helped to sit back properly into the hips.

1:00 minute rest between

TGU:
16k, 5x1
Done under 9:00
If I crush the bell with my finger tips it helps to keep the wrist straight.

2 days in a row of training

Up 6:30, train 7:20

One Hand Swing
55 rest/15 work
24k 10x10
Again, the big thing is getting the proper hinge. I learned it does seem to be smoother if I move faster than I want to.

2:30 minute rest between

TGU:
24k, 5x1
Done under 9:30
Even moving/breathing slower than I want these felt great.

I'm owning the 24k TGU yet struggling with the 24k OHS. Mostly my back has been stiff the last few weeks. It's been difficult to keep it straight and therefore load the hips. I need to figure out a way to loosen it up in the evenings, perhaps some grease the groove goblet squats and TGU with a shoe. I'm just not quite recovering...don't think I'll need anything crazy just a bit of movement. One thing that did help me a great deal was just laying on my stomach on the floor after training and trying to melt into the floor while taking deep breaths.

Wake up, 6:00, train 7:20

One Hand Swing
40 rest/15 work
16k 10x10
Consciously loosening the hip flexors on the top of my legs at the last moment helped load the glutes a bit more in the back swing.

TGU:
16k, 5x1
Done under 7:30
Today I learned I was putting too much weight on the heel of my hand in the nonKB hand. So I focused on putting more weight in the palm of a very tight hand; made the post feel much stronger.

Good overall session, learned two very important things.

Up 5:45, train 7:15
I took around 15 minutes to warm up today. Just walking around, picking up my shoes, doing arm circles, reaching for random objects, crawling on the ground, body weight squats, etc. Made a difference.

One Hand Swing
55 rest/15 work
24k 10x10
Again, the big thing is getting the proper hinge. Keeping the abs nearly cramp tight the entire time keeps my torso taller and therefore sets up the hinge nicely. I was able to cut the rest between exercises due to the perfecting of form and therefore increased efficency.

1:45 minute rest between

TGU:
24k, 5x1
Done under 8:30
Turned up the pace on these and was rewarded with a massive pump in my magical lats.

Up 7:20, train 9:20
Did another extended warm up. 1 heavy single of re-reading S&S part 1 laying on my stomach.
Then laid on the floor on my back with a pillow underneath my mid back.
- Started with arms straight at side, palms up
- Slowly moved to arms 90 degrees from the body, palms down like a cross
- Then ended with elbows bent at 90 degrees with hands by my head
- The entire time I'd tense my entire body maximally for a moment, then relax

One Hand Swing
55 rest/15 work
24k 10x10
"Stay upright and do not release the glutes until your forearms almost hit your stomach."
"The more snugly your arms are pressed against your legs and torso, the more powerful the swings will be. You will be literally launching the bell with your body, as opposed to waiting for the power to be transmitted through the shoulders."
Implementing these put my swings on easy mode!

2:00 minute rest between

TGU:
24k, 5x1
Done under 9:30
"...the get-up can be thought of as a kata, a series of choreographed martial arts movements."

Last edited:
Up 6:15, train 8:15
Extended relaxation warmup
- 1 heavy single of rereading S&S part 2 laying on my stomach
- relaxation exercise with pillow under back
- sitting indian style on the pillow
- sitting indian style on the floor
This sounds silly to you. But, it is a powerful method to connect with your body.

One Hand Swing
Instead of using a timer, I performed the next set after 5-8 controlled breaths. This was enjoyable and made the swing session flow nicely.
24k 10x10
Learned again that these two points put the razor's edge on my swing
- releasing the glutes at the last moment on the downswing
- taming the arc/keeping arms snug to the body

TGU:
24k, 5x1
Focused on connecting with my body as a whole. I learned that if I focus primarly on my lats, they interface nicely with the rest of my body and pull all the pieces together.

Up 6:15, train 7:30

One Hand Swing
24k 10x10
Done under 6:00!!!
Getting awfully close to the timed goals
Learned again that these two points put the razor's edge on my swing
- releasing the glutes at the last moment on the downswing
- taming the arc/keeping arms snug to the body

Basically, made massive strides the past two training session loading the hips which makes the movement powerful, smooth, and efficient.

TGU:
24k, 5x1
I learned that if I get my hips under me, the lunge to stand, and lunge to hinge feel powerful.

Off day
Up 6:20, train 7:20

One Hand Swing
16k 10x10
Done under 5:00
Just focused on getting these cranked out under 5 mins. 4-5 controlled breaths seems to be the interval I need.

TGU:
16k, 5x1
Hips, hips, hips.

Up 6:00, train 7:20

One Hand Swing
24k 10x10
Done under 5:30!
5-8 controlled breaths between.
When I can do every set with just 5 controlled breaths after I will hit the 5:00 mark.
These are feeling rock solid. Learning to control my breath between sets helps to control my breathing during the movement.

TGU
24k, 5x1
Dialed the pace down a bit so I could focus on the connection between the lats and hips. It paid off with a much more efficient movement.

Up 7:00, train 9:00

One Hand Swing
24k 10x10
Done under 5:15!
Learned that if I release the glutes at the last moment and stay tall, the lift explodes like a bomb.
5-6 controlled breaths between

The longer I rest between, the more difficult the TGU is.

TGU
24k, 5x1
Learned that if I get my hips underneath as smooth and quick as I can, the lift flows like a river.

Last edited:
Up 5:30, train 7:00

One Hand Swing
16k 10x10
Done under 5:00!
3-4 controlled breaths got me to the 5:00 milestone. Focused on making the movement as crisp and efficient as possible.

TGU
16k, 5x1
Focused on learning to breathe into my groin.

4/25 - 4/26
Off
Work is stressful right now, but that's no excuse for letting myself get sidetracked the past two days.
Got back on the gains train today.

Up 6:00, train 7:00

One Hand Swing
16k 10x10
Done under 6:00
5 controlled breaths

TGU
16k, 5x1

Strongly hit the time goals today!

Up 5:30, train 7:00

One Hand Swing
24k 10x10
Done under 4:30!
3-5 quick, but controlled breaths between

TGU
24k, 5x1

This was not easy, but still strong. I did not plan on smashing the time goals today. The training session just ended up going that way.
Now I will focus doing this strongly almost any day.

Back
Top Bottom