all posts post new thread

Less is More

Snatch
24k x 16 nr
28k x 02 nr
32k x 04 nr

Mace
10# x 8s x 8r

In comparison to my 24k and 28k, the handle on my 32k is slicker than cum on a gold tooth.

Very good session. Drops were smooth and elegant. Hands held up perfectly despite tearing them bad enough last Wednesday to bleed fairly good.

10.28 - Snatching, 28k x 22 nr; Mace, 10# x 8s x 10r
Wow, these were easily the most explosive snatch reps of my life. Stellar session! I was wanting to go over 30 nr today but felt the skin stretch on the last rep on the left hand so I called it there.​

10.30 - Snatching

Walk
11:47 AM, 00:36:05
Ahh-mazing for mindset!

Training @ 04:23 PM

Warm-ups
Walk 0.5 mi
3 rounds Goblet Squats, Push-ups, Downward Dogs

Snatch
28k x 20 nr

Rest 5:00

Mace
10# x 6s x 5r

Snatching was very smooth, very elegant. This lift is really moving along. Since I realized that fatigue causes me to get sloppy on the drop and destroy skin, I dropped my HR green light down to 110 from 120. Helped a lot. My forearms are so slow to recover between repeats. Most elegant snatches to date.

Next week I might shoot for a H/L/M template: 32k snatch MON/24k snatch WED/28k snatch FRI. Last Monday's 32k x 20nr snatch day was very good, but I just hadn't recovered in my hands/wrists/forearms enough to have another go by Wednesday, thus the sloppy drop and shredded skin.

I’ve got all the pieces on the board now; just gotta work it.

10.29 - Drinking & Sunning

Pinot Noir
½ bottle x 1r x 1s

Laying in the Sun
30 minutes
57 degrees with a north wind made for nipples that could cut glass, but gotta get that vitamin d.
Nail, not a doc and did not stay at a holiday inn express last night, but have read that the sun needs to be at an angle of 50 degrees or more for UVB rays to reach the skin and mix with cholesterol to make Vit D. This will not happen in TX. until sometime in March. Still important to be outside in the sun for many reasons, but may need to supplement.

Nail, not a doc and did not stay at a holiday inn express last night, but have read that the sun needs to be at an angle of 50 degrees or more for UVB rays to reach the skin and mix with cholesterol to make Vit D. This will not happen in TX. until sometime in March. Still important to be outside in the sun for many reasons, but may need to supplement.
Thanks for the reply, Don! I've read this sort of thing too. I've also read that you still get vit d from the sun as long as you're below 37 degrees north latitude which would mean the Texas Winter Sun still works. Lots of conflicting infos out there.

So to cover all my bases I get as much sunlight as I can in the winter (as you say it is still important) and increase my vitamin d3 intake in the winter. This is my favorite I've tried so far: Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3 - > link.

BTW, I had a lol at this:
not a doc and did not stay at a holiday inn express last night

Thanks for the reply, Don! I've read this sort of thing too. I've also read that you still get vit d from the sun as long as you're below 37 degrees north latitude which would mean the Texas Winter Sun still works. Lots of conflicting infos out there.

So to cover all my bases I get as much sunlight as I can in the winter (as you say it is still important) and increase my vitamin d3 intake in the winter. This is my favorite I've tried so far: Jarrow Formulas Vitamin D3 - > link.

BTW, I had a lol at this:
Nice. Also look into natural forms of vit A and K2 and magnesium, which will complement what you are taking.

11.02 - Snatching, 28k x 20 nr; Mace 10# x 12s x 5r
Snatch: Made solid gains in the left hand lockout and pushing the bell back into the hinge. Hands had just enough skin to get through. Hands still don’t feel as solid as they did before the deep tears. Good smooth reps again. I made each rep as hardstyle as possible. I need to solidify the hip lockout + exhale, and get the hips in sooner.​
Mace: Good strides here too. Felt the rotation strongly in my obliques.​

Walk
11:01 AM AM, 00:30:58

Training @ 04:45 PM

Warm-ups
Walk 0.5 mi

Rowing
2000m, 120 bpm hr avg, 129 bpm hr max, 2:48 / 500m, 24 s/m

Rowing feels so good on the arms the day after snatching.

Back
Top Bottom