all posts post new thread

Less is More

02.17 - Locomotion

Buteyko 1
7:30 AM
1xL16
EBH 30 / MAX 80

Was supposed to lift today, but got another ice storm last night.

Locomotion
Walk
47 min
24:26 min/mi
1.9 miles

This was the trickiest surface to locomote on all winter, by far. Solid layer of ice at the bottom, 3-5” of snow on top, with a layer of ice on top of the snow. I needed to step down hard enough to break through the ice crust, but not so hard I wiped out on the ice underneath. I almost fell down a dozen times. What is up with all the ice this year? I don’t remember getting nearly this much ice last year.

02.24 - Lifting 80%

Buteyko 1
7:30 AM
1xL16
30/60

MGG @ 10:00 AM
Bench

175 x 3r x 7s

Deadlift
255 x 2r x 6s

Locomotion @ 4:00 PM
Walk, in 60 mph wind
40 minutes
1.94 mi
Avg HR 116 bpm, max 133 bpm
This was difficult to even walk in. Wind gusting so hard it would pull my unweighted leg out from under me. I had to lean hard in whatever direction the wind was blowing to simply stay upright. Imagine my abs/obliques will be sore tomorrow! Was also hard to breathe; wind felt like it was attempting to force itself down my throat. My throat is sore and I guzzled two glasses of water like nothing after this. I can't seem to catch a break with decent locomotion weather. :confused:

That was some fun wind, huh?

Walk, in 60 mph wind
This was difficult to even walk in. Wind gusting so hard it would pull my unweighted leg out from under me. I had to lean hard in whatever direction the wind was blowing to simply stay upright. Imagine my abs/obliques will be sore tomorrow! Was also hard to breathe; wind felt like it was attempting to force itself down my throat. My throat is sore and I guzzled two glasses of water like nothing after this. I can't seem to catch a break with decent locomotion weather. :confused:

Buteyko 1
7:00 AM
3xL15
EBH 30, 35, 40 / MAX 60, 70, 80

Squat
145 x 3r x 7s
This was good. Focus on rooting to the floor and strongly contracting lats + abs to initiate the upward movement.

Bench
135 x 5r x 4s
This was not good. Maybe cuz I only got in one day of overhead press this week? Very unusual for my bench training to be less than stellar. Nothing in particular to point to, just didn't seem to be firing correctly.

Deadlift
195 x 2r x 6s
This was good. Focus on big IAP and lat work.

Sat - 03.02 - Lifting 80%, ez-aerobic

Buteyko 1
3xL16
EBH 30, 35, 40 / MAX 60, 70, 90

MGG @ 09:45 AM

Squat
195 x 3r x 7s

2Kb OHP
53 x 3r x 7s

Treadmill
3.0 mph
1.0% incline
30 minutes
111 bpm avg hr

Me, myself, & Irene were tired after this and passed out for a solid hour at home. This format should work quite well. Doing the ez-aerobic work right after the lifting seemed to calm my CNS down or something - I'm not feeling the buzzy feeling I usually feel after squats. And the big guys were still squatting after I was done with OHP, so I had something interesting and educational to watch while I got my hamster on.

Sun - 03.03 - Lifting 80%, ez-aerobic

Buteyko 1
3xL16

MGG @ 09:45 AM

Bench
175 x 3r x 7s
Very good! Focus on carrying the bar in the lats.

Deadlift
255 x 2r x 6s
Also very good. Focus on big IAP and lat cramp to start the pull. Made the bar float off the floar.

Treadmill
3.0 mph
1.0% incline
30 minutes
109 bpm avg hr

Hmm, zero soreness heading into this session. Nice signal that perhaps the ez-aerobic work right after lifting is a step in the right direction. Will have to see if this holds true long term.

Sat - 03.09 - Lifting 80%

Buteyko, 7:30 AM
3x L16
I’m doing more breath training than I log here. I got bored with updating all the time.

MGG @ 10:45 AM

Squat, buffalo bar
202 x 3r x 7s
Forgot this bar weighed more after just talking about it on here. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Anyways, this went great. First squat session where the lifting was even better than my old Fatty Matty days. Excited to see where this style of training takes me.

Kb Ohp
53 x 3r x 7s
I’m going to milk as much as I can out of these 53’s. My shoulders/upper back/lats feel great after these.

Treadmill
30 min
1.0% incline
3.0 mph
114 avg hr

--

I woke up in a bad mood today, wanted to kill everything. Even after two cups of covfefe and a hearty breakfast. Quite odd for me especially given I slept fine. Was much better after training!

This week tentatively appears to be the start of decent spring weather again. I should be able to upgrade to the full 6 times a week training then! Once I'm able to hit 2-3 weeks of 6x training then I'll work on upgrading my volume.

Back
Top Bottom