all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Let the party begin ...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
My 36kg bell finally arrived. It was touring all of NJ for a week or so. But it's here now. So now we start the charge towards sinister! Please pray for the fools like me, hahahaha.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday season, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, please be good to yourselves.

Bernie Hunt

Just as an update, after some side tracks with knee rehab, death in the family, and now the virus, it's time to say good buy to the 36kg. I did my 100 swings in 6:47 and the last 10 were still good form so I could easily cut 30 or 40 seconds out of this. Time to start staging the 40kg for use.

Thank you to all of you for your support, inspiration, and knowledge!

good job. I have found I can maintain simple, but the charge to the 36 and eventually 40 seems to falter. Life or an injury back tracks me. Stay strong.

I changed my strategy as the bells go heavy. Early on its still just survive, hahaha. Once I notice my minds can wander a bit while swinging, then I know I'm no long just surviving. Then I work on a heavy, light, medium schedule like weight lifting. On the heavy day I use a timer for my rest periods and keep shortening them each week. Light days I can rest as long as I want, just get the swings done. The medium are some where in the middle. After a while I start noticing my rests are 1 minutes and I'm approaching the 100 in 5 minutes mark.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom