all posts post new thread

Let's try this again

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
22sept18
2 hour am bjj session

GS 3x5x32kg
1 hand swing 10x10x32kg
TGU 10x1x32kg

After about a year since my last post, going to try it again. Since September of 2018;
hit S&S standard of 10x10x48kg 1-hand swing and 10x1x40 TGU

Improved Deadlift from 405 to 465

Recently got my OAOL pu to standard of being able to get a rep at any given time.

After reading Q&D I will proceed down that road.

Also getting an FMS this week to reevaluate problem areas.

Q&D test
1 arm swing left-21 reps@28kg
1 arm swing right-20 reps@28kg
Power push up knucles-26
2 hand swing-21 @40kg

Still training BJJ, working fulltime plus, and rather spend my time skiing, hiking, or fly fishing. Q&D seems like the answer to stay strong with minimal time in the basement. I will, most days end each session with a few TGU and hangs, these really seem to keep me upright from gravity. And TGU feel like the perfect grind for BJJ.

FMS complete. Alot of it were things I already knew. Fair amount of compensation on my right side. ( scheuermann's disease, kyphosis, lumbar lordosis, t8-l1 spinal compression fractures.) Became hyper mobile is certain areas to compensate. Early next week I will have a PT suggested corrective exercises to go along with Q&D. Alot of it is breathing and trying to fight the sea saw between my upper and lower back.

Sunday 11aug19

6.5mile hike
2 hand swing 5/4 alt 10/2 ×3@40kg
Fist pu same

5x30sec hand

Backing off of TGU doing more harm than good with right side. Apparently my humerus slips the joint and been using the wrong tissues to support over head on the right side. More next week after PT follow up.

1 hand swing 5/4×2 @ 28kg
Palm pu same

PT directed corrective exercises. Mostly breathing and positioning.

I am going to be travelling (to a BJJ comp of all things) as well and was thinking of doing something like your 40m sprint + Pushup combi in a Q&D style! Seems like a nice combination.

Seemed to work fine as a substitute. Never felt winded or unable to recover between rounds. But again I try to sprint in some form weekly.

Not my preferred training to use sprints instead of a bell but was a good substitute to get something in while traveling.

21aug19

2hand swing 5/4 alt 10/2 ×3 @ 40kg
Palm pu same

Hang 5x30sec

Breathing and corrective exercises

24aug19

Just woke up after sleeping for 12.5 hours after a 39 hour shift.

Felt powerful but off, anywho

2 hand swing 10/2×5 @40kg
Fist pu same

4sept19

Left pec is sore from BJJ
Tried snatching for my Q&D
Snatch 5/4 alt 10/2× 4 @ 20kg
Weight was light but havnt been doing good hand care lately.

Hang 5x30sec
Experimenting with some extra work.
3x8 gs @ 48kg 3x3/3 FCT with 20lbs added

Going to try this for a bit to see if I want to add to Q&D. I already GTG pistols cossacks and OL DL during the day probably enough for the legs but feels weird not hitting a squatting pattern.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom