all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Life Protection System

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
My roommate and I used to come back from the bar and sometimes hit the heavybag, with low light.

We'd occasionally do some focus mitts as well, no sparring though!

Gives you a real idea just how much your skills and speed degrade after about three drinks - one or two not so much. Gave me a bit of reality based training as most fights and even criminal assaults frequently involve alcohol and occur near places where the drink is flowing.

Actually made me more humble as well as give me a good idea what I could expect from myself in less than ideal conditions.

I will add another video soon. My beloved Life Protection thread is slowing down. ;-) Hopefully I will be inspired this evening and Reneta and I will post another idea for everyone.

I will add another video soon. My beloved Life Protection thread is slowing down. ;-) Hopefully I will be inspired this evening and Reneta and I will post another idea for everyone.
I did a new video but was rushed and a karate parent came in during filming :) Hopefully tonight I plan to talk about drilling defensive striking skill. Progressive drills that improve skill :) Good intro to learn the Shurite Kempo punch drills and also some talk about kettlebell as a tool for striking power.

Next video will be a strength and conditioning training session using the heavy bag, kettlebells and a pair of dice. :) stay tuned

@Gary Music

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense about the system using defensive timing.

In general, I find that strength always helps and that the stronger an opponent is, the higher discrepancy of skill is necessary to overcome them, so I would be curious to see how that plays out with your system.

In fighting strength is very important along with of course fighting skills. In defensive timing the drills to develop this skill do not involve strength training at all. This of course does not mean the person cannot strength train on the contrary I encourage strength training and also martial arts and or a sport that involves fighting skills.

The reason I encourage strength and fighting style training and have practiced these things myself for over 45 years is for the simple idea that the more I understand fighting and offensive skill and also strength skill the better I am able to use defensive timing to protect myself or if I have to actually defeat the attacker.

For life protection training I train students to be able to protect themselves from much superior fighters. Why? The attacker picks you, you do not pick the attacker. The attacker also picks the place (ground or terrain), the time of the attack and most importantly he picks the victim.

Good question Adam it is complex but I hope I answered your question.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom