all posts post new thread

Old Forum Lifting on busy schedule

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ozzyjozzy

First Post
Hello Pavel,

I am very busy throughout the week, and was wondering if it would be advisable to lift with 1 min breaks on upper body, and 2 min breaks on squats, while doing 3x5 whole body workouts 3x a week. I am wondering if this program would be effective and also on how I should progress on this type of program. Should I add weight each week, or add volume? I also do not know of this is enough volume, and if it would be effective for strength gains. Any input would be appreciated!

Also, I know 3x5 with high intensity is enough to make strength gains, but I am questioning the volume because my intensity would be rather low because of the short rest intervals.

To clarify, I am doing barbell based movements which include bench press, overhead press, and squats. For pulling I do pull ups and dumbbell rows.

Three times a week is plenty. You might want to look at Dan John's article about minimalist training.
Marty Gallagher likes to prescribe two sessions per week for very busy people of 30 minutes each.
first session squat and bench. Second session deadlifts and presses. So work up to a top set of 5 for instance and next exercise.
What you plan works as well.

One lift a day - Dan john

Adopted this approach when my first son turned 8 weeks old. Worked a treat. He's now 16 months and I just returned to RoP.

1st week of each cycle is demanding a little on time but that's only 1 week in 4.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom