all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Lightest and Heaviest Beast Tamer

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

rayyagloski

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew who the lightest and heaviest were to accomplish Beast Tamer status?

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to StrongFirst.

There is a blog here about the lightest - 175 lbs or so, if memory serves. Perhaps someone can post a direct link to it.

-S-

I remember Jeff being 175-ish, but either way, he's lifts heavy for anyone at any weight, and it's all the more amazing that he's light.

-S-

It would be an interesting statistic to see on the list of those who have achieved it. Bodyweight that is.

The other end of the scale interests me too, are there many heavyweights that can manage the pullup with the beast in tow?

I've spent countless hours in gyms helping big guys crack one unweighted pullup over the years, where many of them could lift me with one hand if they had to. I imagine it would quite rare for someone weighing more than 240 lbs to be especially gifted at pullups.

Little guys seem to have an advantage with weighted pullups and bigger guys have the edge on the MP. Knowing the bodyweight of whoever attains it would really put it into perspective.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom