all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Lines in U.S. for Gasoline?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Smile-n-Nod

Level 5 Valued Member
I saw my first gas lines on my drive to work this morning (in the Forth Worth and Dallas, TX area). Cars were lined up five deep, even at filling stations with 10 to 15 pumps. Some stations in the area had run out of regular.

The problem is that some or all of the refineries in the Houston, TX area have been shut down by Hurricane Harvey. There's even talk that places as far away as New York City might be affected, because there is at least one pipeline that transports oil (or gasoline) directly from Houston to New York.

No lines yet in Nashville but I'll be filling up tonight because a friend of mine who knows told me it might get bad here. I went through this awhile back when a major pipeline in Alabama had to be shut down and I didn't heed the warnings. Let's just say it got really nasty at the gas pumps......if you could find one.

Last edited:
A Texas official says that there's plenty of gas available. For some reason, everyone (myself included) panicked a little yesterday. But, better safe than sorry.

500,000 barrels were released from the strategic reserves...probably cured the panic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom