all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Liquid chalk or ?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jamesjones

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello what do people think of liquid chalk iv only ever used liquid chalk is normal chalk better ?

Hello what do people think of liquid chalk iv only ever used liquid chalk is normal chalk better ?
I now use powder chalk but I like it.
Only issue is having to wait for it to dry. But what's wrong with a bit more rest.

I like using liquid chalk. It is less messy.
As for the grip it just like the block chalk, it depends on what you buy.

I was liquid chalk for the past year or two. But decided to buy a block because it is cheap.
I found I like the block of chalk better. Chalking up my handles with it just seems grippier than the liquid chalk ever used to be.

I have only used liquid chalk, so can`t compare the two.
But what I have found is the difference between different brands can be quite significant.

Liquid chalk has it's fans and it's less messy, but I like the block. I keep it in a large plastic coffee container in the workout room.

I tried both and prefer the block because it's less sticky. For me a simple trash bag used for a office trash bin is big enough to apply the chalk with both hands inside the bag and eliminates dust and little bits of chalk flying around.

I have some liquid chalk on the way. We are coming into summer, and that means humidity and sweat. With 2 handed swings I’m really only gripping with 3 fingers on each hand ( comp bells and hands don’t all fit ) so when it gets a little slippery, it’s kind of worrying

FYI to all, quite a few of the liquid chalks have Rosin in them, which makes them sticky. Look for one that is just chalk and alcohol and it is just like chalk

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom